• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tories to get rid of IR35

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nice article,

I think,

the Tories may get in at the next election

interesting times

Milan.

Comment

Yes. They'll do away with death, taxes, hospital waiting lists, bad weather, flat tyres, lost data, and, well, ANYTHING to get in... then they'll do nowt... as per.

Comment

s far as I could see, they said they would, they they said they might, then they said they would think about, and now it's dead, say they will. DOn't you just love politicians. they would win more votes if the concentrated on things like inheritance tax.
        The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
          s far as I could see, they said they would, they they said they might, then they said they would think about, and now it's dead, say they will. DOn't you just love politicians. they would win more votes if the concentrated on things like inheritance tax.
          Nobody gives a fook as long as house prices stay reasonably bouyant. Come the crash... the field will be wide open.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
            nice article,

I think,

the Tories may get in at the next election

interesting times
            I can't say I'm keen on scrapping all data protection laws, as in this bit:

'Working time regulations, originally set by Brussels, should be repealed along with all data protection laws, which are an "expensive bureaucracy which fails to protect people's data".'
            Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

EU Data Protection isn't much use when all your financial data lives in India and is sold to crims for $1 a pop is it?

Comment

Originally posted by swamp View Post
                If Cameron was more credible he could win. But he blew it by trekking round Rwanda whilst his constituency was flooded, and talking climate change when no-one else (even many of the Left) could give a fsck.
                No, he blew it earlier than that, with those daft schools policies.

I accept that his trekking around Rwanda was pointless, but nobody outside the press gave a flying f*** that he wasn't in his constituency during the floods.
                Last edited by wendigo100; 14 August 2007, 22:56.

Comment

Oh come on. Abolishing IR35 is unlikely to win them any votes since I imagine very few of the contracting community are pro Labour. So really they ought to concentrate harder on other things.

Even with IR35 in place, I think HMRC would drop the "squeeze every last drop out of the small business people at all costs" approach once they have a conservative boss who doesn't hate us like the current boss does.

I am not hopeful that Labour would lose a snap election if it was called in the autumn though, which could saddle us with them for another five years.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                    I suspect that if Golden called an election in October, he'd win, particularly with the current Bliar clone as leader of the opposition...
                    He'll win the next one. As long as the property owners see their house prices go up, they'll be happy, and apathetic. I think I'm right in saying that 1 in 14 potential voters actually voted last time. Says a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by richard-af View Post
                      He'll win the next one. As long as the property owners see their house prices go up, they'll be happy, and apathetic. I think I'm right in saying that 1 in 14 potential voters actually voted last time. Says a lot.
                      About 60% voted at the last general election. Let me do the maths...

Comment

Working...
                      X