• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tories to get rid of IR35

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by richard-af View Post
    I think I'm right in saying that 1 in 14 potential voters actually voted last time.
    You may think that you're right, but I don't.

1 in 14 would be a turnout of about 7%. If we're using 14ths, I would guess at somewhere around 8 in 14 voted.
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
      Oh how these "The Tories wil abolish IR35" threads amuse me.

Tory bastards are more efficient at stealing other people's money that the NewLie were.
      I know. And during the dark days of the Broon regime I used to warn people to be careful what they wished for....

Comment

Oh how these "The Tories wil abolish IR35" threads amuse me.

Tory bastards are more efficient at stealing other people's money that the NewLie were.
        The rich get richer, the poor get poorer. Whoever is in government.

WE need a good depression to equalize things.

Comment

But looking on the bright side, as ever, at least we had the delight of seeing hamface the pig's head botherer and his mate in number 11 given the big heave ho.
          Yes, but at what cost? Not much of a bright side IMO.

Comment

Pondy et al,

ffs IR35 get over it

it ain't going away, you'vr had it for how long, 15 years, stop dreaming and get over it and get on with it

Milan.

Comment

you did read the thread, right?

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
                Pondy et al,

ffs IR35 get over it

it ain't going away, you'vr had it for how long, 15 years, stop dreaming and get over it and get on with it

Milan.
                This thread started 10 years ago, when the Tories talked about scrapping IR35.
                First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. But Gandhi never had to deal with HMRC

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
                  Pondy et al,

ffs IR35 get over it ...
                  Milan, you great chump, it isn't about IR35 per se. We all know that is old news.

The new development, in case you were unaware, is that from April most UK public sector contracts will in practice be caught by IR35.

Well technically what has changed is that from then the client will decide their contractors' IR35 status, and doubtless most will err on the side of caution (especially with directions from above, filtering down from ministerial level, to do so).
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

aha, OwlHoot,

thank you for the Management Summary 1 Pager

muchos appreciatedos.

I've never contracted in blighty and never really understood IR35 anyway.

Milan in "blissfully unaware" mode.

Comment

Milan in "blissfully unaware" mode
                      Explains everything.

Comment

Working...
                      X