• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A-level day

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A-level day

Disapointing effort from the BBC so far:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/6946728.stm
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

A-Level Day. So called, because everyone gets an "A"... in every subject. Next stop: Uni to do Basket Weaving & Meeja Studies. Double-First virtually in the bag for all.

Comment

Agreed.
      Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
        Disapointing effort from the BBC so far:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/6946728.stm
        Yup. Last year's shots were much better.
        Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

From that linky:

Some universities have said that exam grades are no longer sufficient for them to use to select undergraduates.
          Sounds both right & worrying.

Exam officials are stressing the hard work and determination that students have put in to earn their results this year.
          Crap.

Comment

Originally posted by richard-af View Post
            A-Level Day. So called, because everyone gets an "A"... in every subject. Next stop: Uni to do Basket Weaving & Meeja Studies. Double-First virtually in the bag for all.
            I really do lament of NL and their "problem solving". Every young adult is not suited to higher education, yet NL insist on pushing them to remain in school/college/uni as long as possible.

It's a shame because folk who work hard get put down by comments like the above.

My brother has worked his arse off trying to pass Maths, Further Maths, Physics & Chemistry basically on his own as the scholl he went to was so crap. We'll find out today whether Cambridge is going to happen or not.
            ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by richard-af View Post
              Exam officials are stressing the hard work and determination that students have put in to earn their results this year.
              Crap.
              **** off, could you get 80% on an a-level maths paper today? Probably not without a fair bit of hard work.
              ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
                **** off, could you get 80% on an a-level maths paper today? Probably not without a fair bit of hard work.
                Ah! But 80%, according to most A-Level maths pupils, is 0.8/10, so yes, I could achieve that.

Your kids getting their results, today, are they?

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
                  Quite so. I have been tutoring someone in A-level maths, someone very good, I'm happy to say. Not only does it still require real intelligence and real work; there is stuff in there that I didn't do until university (or in some embarrassing cases, skipped at university).
                  Wissen ist Macht, aber nichts wissen macht nichts.

Comment

Brother gets results today (Maths, Further Maths, Physics & Chemistry). If he doesn't get into Cambridge then he's going to have to go to Durham. Poor little sod.

Comment

Working...
                    X