• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Jeremy Kyle show

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There was an Indian restaurant in St. Albans that did deliveries par excellence.

You could (for about a fiver extra) get them to drop off at the local 24-hour garage to buy ciggies, booze and (I jest ye not) girlie mags, all cheerfully delivered with a nice vindaloo.

I did like my student days there!

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
      do chinese/indians sell pints of milk, t-bags, rizzlers, tobacco, choc bars?
      A couple of things that I've appreciated from the customer's point of view:

a) a Threshers off licence which stocked everything you needed to put breakfast together - corn flakes, milk, bread, etc.

b) when I lived about 15 miles out into the sticks, the Indian restaurant which had an arrangement with a taxi firm - the taxi would only charge a couple of quid (I assume the restaurant made it worthwhile for the driver with a percentage of the bill). Off the back of that about of a dozen of us had a weekly curry night in the local pub.
      Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
        Good luck with it mate.

I think I came across a similar concept on the web recently.

Basically, a late night food (home delivery) service for pissheads who've come back from a night out.
        This is the one I saw: http://www.mealbox.com/

Comment

Jeremy Kyle Show suspended after guest death - BBC News

One can hope this is the end for the show.

Comment

I was in the audience for a Jeremy Kyle show in 2007. I wonder if I sat next to the OP.

I was wearing a "Frankie Says Relax" t-shirt on the day - Jeremy pointed me out in the audience, engaged in some "banter" before suggesting I cheated on my then-girlfriend-now-wife....

Nice man, I hope they don't cancel his show.

Comment

Originally posted by fiisch View Post
              I was in the audience for a Jeremy Kyle show in 2007. I wonder if I sat next to the OP.

I was wearing a "Frankie Says Relax" t-shirt on the day - Jeremy pointed me out in the audience, engaged in some "banter" before suggesting I cheated on my then-girlfriend-now-wife....

Cool story bro.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                Cool story bro.
                Thanks. I had no idea you were a big JK fan too...

Comment

JK feeds off council house cretins. I think they should be saved from being exploited.

Comment

Hold on a mo'... "2007"... ""Frankie Says Relax" t-shirt on the day"... "then-girlfriend-now-wife"... and she still married you... WTF?
                    ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
                    Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      Jeremy Kyle Show suspended after guest death - BBC News

One can hope this is the end for the show.
                      Does this mean we'll not be hearing any more dull tales from Welsh lead swingers?

Comment

Working...
                      X