• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

When CUK descends into pack mentality

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SandyDown View Post
    How did Chico and AtW survive here before ... hmmm let me think, oh I know this BB used to tolerate others' wacky opinions
    Burn SandyDown! Burn Her!!! She's a heretic witch!

Comment

Originally posted by richard-af View Post
      Burn SandyDown! Burn Her!!! She's a heretic witch!
      They tried this before, but I was reborn like a phoenix from the fire

Comment

They tried this before, but I was reborn like a phoenix from the fire
        Drown her then....think she'd look quite hot when wet

Comment

here we go again with anti Sandy propaganda...hmmm wonder who is behind it

back to main topic:
          This thread reminded me of the a programm about Socrates I watched last night, famous for arguing that we must Know Thyself to be wise, that the unexamined life is not worth living.

It is a cruel irony that Socrates was condemned to death for corrupting the youth (for educating them to Philosophy and arguing that people are ignorant of the Truth).

Comment

It is a cruel irony that Socrates was condemned to death for corrupting the youth (for educating them to Philosophy and arguing that people are ignorant of the Truth).
            I thought it was because he insisted on bathing them, personally, in lots of sudsy water.

Comment

Originally posted by richard-af View Post
              I thought it was because he insisted on bathing them, personally, in lots of sudsy water.
              I think they said Socrates never/hardly ever bathed !!

Comment

I think they said Socrates never/hardly ever bathed !!
                Yes! The old Barrymore "Never went near the pool" excuse.

Comment

AtW - nothing shocking in what he used to post. No-one really found his posts offensive, he is a good chap to be honest and smarter than a lot of you gave him credit for.

Chico - poor deluded soul. We did change his user profile to "Not worth listening to" despite his post count. That made us giggle. Nothing to suggest he was another users' alter ego and we did check as we were as bemused as everyone else.

As for CD, no-one else on this board comes close to having views as slimy as that. All the mods had wondered whether to ban or not and as we could not decide we thought, in light of today's "reality tv" culture we should have a public flogging. It certainly got people talking.

We can all disagree with each other, no big deal there but as I have posted elsewhere, we are not prepared to have thinly veiled racism on the forum as it attracts the wrong crowd and suggests we are OK with that kind of posting on the forum. Yes, we could all have ignored him but that gives out the wrong message.

Maybe a public hanging was not the best way to do it in hindsight but if you had all voted for him to stay instead of a 4 - 1 vote to ban him then maybe the outcome would have been different. His blood is on your hands too.

Comment

Originally posted by administrator View Post
                    Chico - poor deluded soul. We did change his user profile to "Not worth listening to" despite his post count. That made us giggle. Nothing to suggest he was another users' alter ego and we did check as we were as bemused as everyone else.
                    LB! You cheeky chap! He had us convinced that Chico was his invention!

As for CD... ...His blood is on your hands too.
                    I have no problem with this, personally.

Comment

AtW - nothing shocking in what he used to post. No-one really found his posts offensive, he is a good chap to be honest and smarter than a lot of you gave him credit for.

As for CD, no-one else on this board comes close to having views as slimy as that. All the mods had wondered whether to ban or not and as we could not decide we thought, in light of today's "reality tv" culture we should have a public flogging. It certainly got people talking.

We can all disagree with each other, no big deal there but as I have posted elsewhere, we are not prepared to have thinly veiled racism on the forum as it attracts the wrong crowd and suggests we are OK with that kind of posting on the forum. Yes, we could all have ignored him but that gives out the wrong message.

Maybe a public hanging was not the best way to do it in hindsight but if you had all voted for him to stay instead of a 4 - 1 vote to ban him then maybe the outcome would have been different. His blood is on your hands too.

Usually I'm all for free speech and the poll didn't have the right options. However I think he lost the right to post here when he made the sickening "spade" comment a while ago.
                      If he had stood up for what he said, however strong, then that at least would have given people a handle to argue with.
                      But his style was the "CD shuffle": Post something outrageous, defend it for a while, backtrack when expeditious, change your mind, twist your and other peoples comments to suit etc. etc. true Nazi bollocky propaganda.
                      The slimy creep is well banned.
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X