Yet Another CV question Yet Another CV question
Posts 1 to 5 of 5

Nervous Newbie

bolar has no reputation

Default Yet Another CV question

Hi ..
    Prior to seeing sense and becoming a contractor I worked as a permie for one of the large pimps as a Managed Consultant ( being paid as a permie, but working on a client site as a contractor) . My question is would I be bending the truth if I listed the Blue Chip end clients name on the CV as the employer rather than the agency name.

Any advice please. Thanks.

Double Godlike!

Paddy is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by bolar View Post
    Hi ..
    Prior to seeing sense and becoming a contractor I worked as a permie for one of the large pimps as a Managed Consultant ( being paid as a permie, but working on a client site as a contractor) . My question is would I be bending the truth if I listed the Blue Chip end clients name on the CV as the employer rather than the agency name.

Just state: On-site Consultant at Bla Bla

I was working as a….. being supplied by a third party to work at Bla Bla…

Faqqed Off

TheFaQQer is a fount of knowledge

Mine says "Employed by XXX Corp between 199X and 200X. Projects include..." and then name the projects and the end-client.
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Should post faster

vhadiant has no reputation

Same here, I've been on the consultancy scene for a while. They have some good things, but the money sucks really espcially if they send you on bodyshopping job (the company has no ownership on the project).

Anyway I always put my company first then project later. Bold the client name if that is relevant.

If you move from one consulting company to another, it's more relevant to bold the name of the consulting company.

Godlike

wendigo100 is too good to be a permie

Quote Originally Posted by bolar View Post
    Hi ..

Of course you aren't bending the truth. Clients are only interested in where you worked and what you did there.

They are rarely interested in the agency name, and never interested in your company name.
    Last edited by wendigo100; 19th August 2007 at 09:42.