• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The law of attraction

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The law of attraction

Has anyone else used this 'Law' to get what they want?

it is basically positive thinking, if you focus on what you want and honestly believe it can happen, then it will. It worked for me I got my last 12 month contract with it. Just need to get the next gig now as I will be on the bench soon.

You have come to right place for positive thinking here.

Comment

I think it is more a case of wishful thinking than a law.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

It's a kind of magic.

Comment

I use Murphy's Law to get what I want.
          Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

I really don't buy into this.

At the last big team gathering here at my client, they had a guest speaker who went on about how you should really focus on envisaging success and how it would feel like when you get there, and you shouldn't think about all the things that could go wrong because you would inevitably steer yourself into faliure. What a load of old pony. If you don't prepare for possible/probable problems then you will almost definitely screw up.

I guess if you are doing all that already and then you do do the thinking positive approach too then there's no harm... no disrespect intended, Signo_cypher.
            It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

I'm interested in this I watched the film "the secret" last year and have taken an active interest in it since.

So far I've had positive changes since adopting the technique. There is quite a bit more to it than just positive thinking though, the idea is to program your subconcious to make you act to bring about what you want in your life.

Athletes have been using the technique by running their races/events in their head before physically doing it for years now.
              "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                I use Murphy's Law to get what I want.
                What, pieces of toast with fluff and dirt stuck to the buttered side?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                  It's a kind of magic.
                  the Magical Thinking kind
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Scott Adams says that it was something like this that give him his success.

But how does it work if two people doing the positive thinking have diametrically opposing desires?
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                    X