• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contractor mortgage

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DBA_bloke View Post
    Top tip! Thanks!

I must say that I have long suspected that the High Street lenders must, these days, be far more receptive to contractors, than, say, 10 years ago.
    A high street branch of the Halifax gave me a mortgage when I'd been contracting for one year. That was in 1989.

Comment

Thanks for all the advice,
      Think I will start looking around V soon... and hopefully,
      I wont speak to a IFA who knows nothing about contracting!..

Comment

Abbey have just launched a 125% mortgage. Doomed.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
          Um.

Why would one want to borrow more than the value of the property?

I've never understood that one...
          Cos it needs to be done up?

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
            Why would one want to borrow more than the value of the property?
            To buy a spanky new car to sit outside the spanky new house, at a lower interest rate than the car dealership would offer. Such is the nature of rampant modern consumerism.

Comment

I have just bought a new house and went with the finacial advisor in the estate agents. They got me a good deal with my current lender that was even better than what i could secure. There were other lenders who was willing even though i have no company accounts yet. If you explain the situation they normally have key contacts with certain lenders and can talk to them first.

They also sorted out the re-mortgage on current property moving it ot a buy to let. Very helpful and cost me nothing. They are commision based.....and before you say i was pushed for the best deal that would bring them the best commision i wasn't as all the deals i could have done myself and even refused a few.

Hope this helps.
              Thats the way the cookie crumbles

Comment

Originally posted by chicane View Post
                To buy a spanky new car to sit outside the spanky new house, at a lower interest rate than the car dealership would offer. Such is the nature of rampant modern consumerism.
                Get a 125% mortgage and have instant negative equity. Good plan.

Comment

Originally posted by King Cnvt View Post
                  Get a 125% mortgage and have instant negative equity. Good plan.
                  Hide the 25% surplus and hand the keys back to the lender. Or maybe that is fraud.

Comment

Working...
                  X