• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh dear² house prices are going to drop

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh dear² house prices are going to drop

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/com...cle2448868.ece

Good time to buy?
    Don't ask Beaker. He's just another muppet.

Originally posted by beaker View Post

I love that article. A classic case of being overtaken by events.

Comment

I predict a riot
      The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
        I predict a riot
        NR shares down over 20%...

Buy.... BUY!!!!!

Comment

sell sell sell

http://www.fool.co.uk/news/property-...se-prices.aspx
          The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

We already know that they are going down from Pickle's thread yesterday looking into the future to see RightMove's report out next Monday.

http://forums.contractoruk.com/general/20959-time.html

Comment

Do you reckon the FT had that article waiting for any time they thought that it may be good news.

Comment

Previous predictions were offset by the fact that the money supply was more elastic than ever. It's now starting to contract, cheap deals will be hard to come by, lack of money, lack of demand, over supply to the market, add in over-reactions by joe public (herd mentality) crash bang wallop.

Boom that BTL

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                  Previous predictions were offset by the fact that the money supply was more elastic than ever. It's now starting to contract, cheap deals will be hard to come by, lack of money, lack of demand, over supply to the market, add in over-reactions by joe public (herd mentality) crash bang wallop.

Boom that BTL

A few years ago, and I think you'd be 100% right. But the market's quite bizarre these days, with property being scarce, and the Public conciousness now being utterly focussed on home ownership. I'd say that the usual rules of thumb are, perhaps, not as useful as they once were. But then I'm a total tit at economics.

Comment

Originally posted by DBA_bloke View Post
                    A few years ago, and I think you'd be 100% right. But the market's quite bizarre these days, with property being scarce, and the Public conciousness now being utterly focussed on home ownership. I'd say that the usual rules of thumb are, perhaps, not as useful as they once were. But then I'm a total tit at economics.
                    It all hinges on reposessions IMO. A lot of people will want to just stick it out, but if rates increase and the banks are quick to reposses then they won't have a choice.
                    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Working...
                    X