• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

sharesin NorthernRock

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Banks and their greedy masters have taken the people for a ride long enough. Yes many innocents will lose their shirts and that is so sad. But the bright side is these bastards who live on $20,000 bottles of wine eat $1,000 meals fly private will soon be selling their own shirts of their backs.

The real ordinary civilized people can survive on a tiny sum, we have learnt to cope, these big bankers will be throwing themselves from the top of their banks in the months to come.

I can easily survive but those who have had it so great for so long will be chewing valium for breakfast dinner and supper.

Comment

Originally posted by Lambros View Post
      Banks and their greedy masters have taken the people for a ride long enough. Yes many innocents will lose their shirts and that is so sad. But the bright side is these bastards who live on $20,000 bottles of wine eat $1,000 meals fly private will soon be selling their own shirts of their backs.

The real ordinary civilized people can survive on a tiny sum, we have learnt to cope, these big bankers will be throwing themselves from the top of their banks in the months to come.

I can easily survive but those who have had it so great for so long will be chewing valium for breakfast dinner and supper.
      Clearly you don't know many bankers, or indeed much about history.
      Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
        But the prat left the heritage of forcing suppliers out of business by not paying on time.
        Sure he made it difficult with his 90-day terms, but tell me, how many went out of business because of it?

I worked as a purchaser in GEC's defence business for a while. Suppliers made a lot from GEC. They knew the score.

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100 View Post
          Sure he made it difficult with his 90-day terms, but tell me, how many went out of business because of it?

I worked as a purchaser in GEC's defence business for a while. Suppliers made a lot from GEC. They knew the score.
          I'm not claiming that GEC's suppliers suffered, more that 90+ days became the norm for the rest of UK business.

Actually, that reminds me of my first repeating contract. Lousy payers time-wise, but as long as I had a purchase order to cover my work, there were zero worries about getting paid eventually.

It was quite nice, no agency involved, could in those days do it under self-employed status, and I charged 50% above the typical going contract rate, plus expenses.
          Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
          X