Fake CV's Fake CV's
Posts 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Fake CV's

Contractor Among Contractors

NoddY has no reputation

Default Fake CV's

I'm thinking of producing large amounts of fake CV's with various skills/experience/gender/education on, to gauge which persona's generate the most response.

Do the boards have any particular skill set they want testing, plus I would be grateful if you could suggest some fake names.

What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Banned

DBA_bloke has no reputation

Do you intend to post them on Jobserve, etc.?

Banned

Churchill has more data than eek

Quote Originally Posted by NoddY View Post
    I'm thinking of producing large amounts of fake CV's with various skills/experience/gender/education on, to gauge which persona's generate the most response.

Do the boards have any particular skill set they want testing, plus I would be grateful if you could suggest some fake names.

Cray YMP Assembler

Threaded.

Super poster

Alf W is good enough for Jehovah!

Bob Shawadiwadi?

Fingers like lightning

Rantor has no reputation

Has this not already been done in loads of studies? I know the French do this a lot as 'isms' theoretically don't exist there.

More time posting than coding

HankWangford has no reputation

Why not create a cv for a recruitment agent. Grab names from 'real' agents who advertise on jobserve, and then send the cv at will to all the other agencies with a covering note that your after a new challange. Repeat the process for each agent. Shouldnt be too hard to automate this process on a daily basis from jobserves feed
    whats the lowest you can do this for?

System Manager

Sysman is a permanent contractor

I am being thinking of posting much cheapness and much quality with the name of Nigel Milton-Keenes.

I am also being in need of a nice English girl to marry.

Prehistoric

thunderlizard is too good to be a permie

Test the waters for the skill of "Hit the ground running". I think it's having a resurgence, after a summer in the doldrums. There are 71 Jobserve contracts that require it today.

My own new contract meanwhile, has required me to hit the ground completely stationary (like a gymnast) and remain thus for the whole week. Who'd have thought there was such good money in reading policy documents?