• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are all guilty (except SB, myself and snaw)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cowboy Bob View Post
    I have no facts so I'm going with statistics - which state that it is far more likely that a direct family member is the culprit than a complete stranger.
    Give the Portuguese plod a ring ring then with this bit of ground breaking news. That's sure to convince the judge to bring the McCann's back for questioning, depsite the facts not being strong enough...

Judge: Sorry, but the case doesn't hold up. Forensics is debatable, no eye witness, no body, etc, etc.

Senor Detective: But Judge, Cowboy Bob says that statistically the McCann's did it.

Judge: Right then. Haul them back and hang the buggers form the highest tree...
    Illegitimus non carborundum est!

Comment

Originally posted by Flubster View Post
      Give the Portuguese plod a ring ring then with this bit of ground breaking news. That's sure to convince the judge to bring the McCann's back for questioning, depsite the facts not being strong enough...

Judge: Sorry, but the case doesn't hold up. Forensics is debatable, no eye witness, no body, etc, etc.

Senor Detective: But Judge, Cowboy Bob says that statistically the McCann's did it.

Judge: Right then. Haul them back and hang the buggers form the highest tree...
      Actualy, it wasn't the McCanns, it was one of their friends looked in on Maddie before Mrs McCann discovered she was missing.

I have seen CSI and Poirot and other stuff on the telly and I know:
      It is normally the last person to see them alive.
      It is normally a close friend or relative.

Case solved.
      I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
      Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by SandyDown View Post
        very interesting article DA - thanks for posting it.
        it was as much of an explanation as to why we react as we do to these types of events, and how they affect everyone. It seemed from the ITV program last night that there is precious little evidence to form any objective conclusion at all.
        Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
          it was as much of an explanation as to why we react as we do to these types of events, and how they affect everyone. It seemed from the ITV program last night that there is precious little evidence to form any objective conclusion at all.
          Why bother even speculating?

*We* do not have access to all of the evidence. Only what has been presented by the media.

Best left alone mefinks.

Comment

I couldnt be arsed reading the whole piece, but did find it rather ironic that it has a "have your say" button attached.

Smith and Wesson.

Comment

"I have seen CSI and Poirot and other stuff on the telly and I know:
              It is normally a close friend or relative."

Depends on the program you happen to be watching. The one I see from time to time it tends to be the person who owns an old hotel, gold mine or deserted fun fair and that person is usually the one who goes around telling tales of doom. When caught they tend to be wearing a mask. I also know that they are not fans of those 'pesky kids' and so might have a motive to abduct one.
              Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

It seemed odd at the time that the last person to see her alive wasn't a suspect and that the hunch of that hackette from the Daily Mirror was given more credence.

But, hey, fruitless to speculate in cases like this when you haven't seen the evidence, statements and what have you.
                I'm Spartacus.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
                  "I have seen CSI and Poirot and other stuff on the telly and I know:
                  It is normally a close friend or relative."

Depends on the program you happen to be watching. The one I see from time to time it tends to be the person who owns an old hotel, gold mine or deserted fun fair and that person is usually the one who goes around telling tales of doom. When caught they tend to be wearing a mask. I also know that they are not fans of those 'pesky kids' and so might have a motive to abduct one.
                  In which case it is the old hackette from the daily mirror (as mentioned by Spartacus then) and she would have got away with it if it hadn't been for those meddling kids!

Smith and Wesson.

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
                    In which case it is the old hackette from the daily mirror (as mentioned by Spartacus then) and she would have got away with it if it hadn't been for those meddling kids!
                    Yeah, she has been hanging around the crime scene an awful lot.
                    I'm Spartacus.

Comment

Working...
                    X