• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No Need to Panic

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Need to Panic

Whoops - Alliance and Leicester shares down 31%. Best get onto their website while you can or get in that branch queue. Although I'm sure it will all be fine

Bradford and bingley are now at 279, down 50 in a day and were up at the 500 mark a while back. Glad I held onto those then!
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

What's up with the A&L? Have got quite a bit of cash with them, should I be forming a queue?

Sounds like another bank/hedge fund managers are to blame: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/6999532.stm
      Last edited by scooterscot; 17 September 2007, 16:43.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        What's up with the A&L? Have got quite a bit of cash with them, should I be forming a queue?
        Get your money out now while you can.

Comment

I think in this particular case, in contrast to NR, it is "panic".
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

oh hush
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Almost time to buy some shares
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Good point ... I reckon buying shares in Mortgage lenders now is a good strategy ... at the end of the day they all have millions of people oweing them money already. ... just because getting a mortgage right now will be harder to achieve than say a week ago doesn't mean that they are all going to collapse and the whole English monetary system will be devalued to such a point that we will suffer hyper inflation and be taking wages home in wheel barrows.

just my 2 pence worth

Comment

Good idea. I'm selling all my gold and oil stocks and putting them into Northern Crock.

Comment

They were offering 10% interest accounts last time I checked
                    Don't ask Beaker. He's just another muppet.

Comment

Working...
                    X