• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A great 12 hours

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A great 12 hours

Last night I left work at about 5:30. Because of a crash and bad weather on the M62, I got home at 7:15. It usually takes about 45 mins. Watched the football but also had to help the little guy with his homework throughout and so didn't really watch the game. Then spent some time trying (without any joy) to fix my PC. At 11pm I went to iron a shirt for today. Plugged the iron in and about 30secs after I did all the sockets went off. So had to fumble about in the garage to get them back on. Then at 11:15pm had to set off to a 24 hour asda to buy a new iron. Ironed the shirt and then went to switch off the tv. It was then I noticed that my HD box was no longer getting a signal. Checked the cables and eventually swapped it with the Sky + box. It gets a signal fine. Went through all the usuall steps of doing a reset, checking the LMB things and reinstalling the software backl onto the box with no joy. Best of all I bought the box off a sky engineer on the cheap, so I doubt very much that sky are going to want to have anything to do with it.

Had a shower and went to bed at 1am, ready for my next 6:30am start.

Bugger
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

oh and I lost the £40 I had in my pocket at lunch today. Feckin day
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

I had a mixed day. I caused a huge tailback on the M62 when my Porsche skidded, but luckily some dopey git dropped £40, which paid for a night down the pub.
      First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Had a great day, my birds husband went out unexpectedly so I went round and gave her one, he was being a pain whining about his porche or something so she let me do the full monty

(\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
          Last night I left work at about 5:30. Because of a crash and bad weather on the M62, I got home at 7:15. It usually takes about 45 mins. Watched the football but also had to help the little guy with his homework throughout and so didn't really watch the game. Then spent some time trying (without any joy) to fix my PC. At 11pm I went to iron a shirt for today. Plugged the iron in and about 30secs after I did all the sockets went off. So had to fumble about in the garage to get them back on. Then at 11:15pm had to set off to a 24 hour asda to buy a new iron. Ironed the shirt and then went to switch off the tv. It was then I noticed that my HD box was no longer getting a signal. Checked the cables and eventually swapped it with the Sky + box. It gets a signal fine. Went through all the usuall steps of doing a reset, checking the LMB things and reinstalling the software backl onto the box with no joy. Best of all I bought the box off a sky engineer on the cheap, so I doubt very much that sky are going to want to have anything to do with it.

Had a shower and went to bed at 1am, ready for my next 6:30am start.

Bugger
          Buddy,
          Lack of investment.

Buy a GPS Nav and traffic indicator.

Only buy easy-care shirts and pants, cool wash and drip dry, no ironing. When I am in a hotel I wash the shirt and it is dry and ready for use next day.

Organize your wallet.
          Never swap horses crossing a stream

Comment

£40 for lunch?!!! WTF are you eating?!

The pope is a tard.

Comment

A few things

"Buy a GPS Nav and traffic indicator."

I have GPS but there are not a huge number of alternatives going from Leeds to Rochdale. All involve a trip over the Pennines on cr@ppy roads and in the rain showers last night, not something I was keen on.

"Only buy easy-care shirts and pants, cool wash and drip dry, no ironing. When I am in a hotel I wash the shirt and it is dry and ready for use next day."

I only buy non iron shirts, but they don't seem to work - I wasn't really expecting for the iron to give up on me - but then who does.

"Organize your wallet. "

Agreed, but it's a bad habit that I have of just stffing my cash in my pocket.

"£40 for lunch?!!! WTF are you eating?!"

I wasn't expecting to eat through it in one sitting! I took £50 out for spends through the week. It could have been 30 actually - not sure on that.

But my SKY HD has kicked back into life so that's good and I've finally fixed this bleedin computer, so that is good also.

"she let me do the full monty"

I hope you used the curtains correctly on the way out!

I preferred version 1!

Comment

What point did you write your blog on here ??
                Thats the way the cookie crumbles

Comment

Originally posted by Billy-Bob View Post
                  Buddy,
                  Lack of investment.

Buy a GPS Nav and traffic indicator.

Only buy easy-care shirts and pants, cool wash and drip dry, no ironing. When I am in a hotel I wash the shirt and it is dry and ready for use next day.

Organize your wallet.
                  You can always rely on Billy-Bob for straight talkin', no nonsense advice..

Apart from that - my sympathies, Tony. Sometimes you just need to let someone else know that occasionally life sucks...
                  "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                  - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

I wouldn't bother with the lottery this weekend....
                    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Working...
                    X