• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

EU needs 20 million immigrants from outside

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saw the detail of this on the news last night.
    The blue card scheme looks good and sort of fits in with most Euro zone countries schemes anyway.

Applicant will have to have a job offer and will have to be earning 3 times minimum wage (30K UK equivelant news said).

As this will defeat what the corporates want in the UK (cheaper labour) we are proposing to opt out of the scheme. Imagine having to pay an imigrant 30K to do a job a Geordie wont do for 13.
    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
      Imagine having to pay an imigrant 30K to do a job a Geordie wont do for 13.
      Won't or can't?

Industry has been complaining of crap school leavers in this country for years.
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

Apparently 1 in 5 people in Newcastle have problems with basic writing and arithmetic. Now, can this be blamed on schools, however crap? Surely if you want to learn to read, write and count you will?
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          Apparently 1 in 5 people in Newcastle have problems with basic writing and arithmetic. Now, can this be blamed on schools, however crap? Surely if you want to learn to read, write and count you will?
          Dunce! What if the teacher's a numpty tw@t who lets the class run riot, etc.? Happened to my sister: she had a turd-tastic teacher in infant school. Our brother (her twin) was in the same school, in a different class with a decent teacher. My sister and her classmates were noticeably weaker in the three Rs than my brother and his classmates. Luckily, my parenets realized what was happening (I think they'd been thinking that my sister was a bit thick) when they went along to the Parents' Evening and found that other parents had a similar tale to tell. Teacher disappeared shortly after. My sister then went from barely able to read to competent in about 6 months. That's why testing the tots is a great idea... helps identify crap teachers, of which there are more than enough.

Comment

EU needs 20 million immigrants from outside
            As opposed to 20 million immigrants from inside?

Comment

Originally posted by DBA_bloke View Post
              Luckily, my parenets

Comment

Originally posted by DBA_bloke View Post
                Dunce! What if the teacher's a numpty tw@t who lets the class run riot, etc.? Happened to my sister: she had a turd-tastic teacher in infant school. Our brother (her twin) was in the same school, in a different class with a decent teacher. My sister and her classmates were noticeably weaker in the three Rs than my brother and his classmates. Luckily, my parenets realized what was happening (I think they'd been thinking that my sister was a bit thick) when they went along to the Parents' Evening and found that other parents had a similar tale to tell. Teacher disappeared shortly after. My sister then went from barely able to read to competent in about 6 months. That's why testing the tots is a great idea... helps identify crap teachers, of which there are more than enough.
                That's because your parenets or parents had an interest in their child's education.

Watched Dispatches on Monday and there was a Mother on it whose teenage son couldn't read. Her explanation was that she didn't have time to help him because she was a working single mother. It's strange how all my family and a lot of my friends' can read.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  That's because your parenets or parents had an interest in their child's education.

Watched Dispatches on Monday and there was a Mother on it whose teenage son couldn't read. Her explanation was that she didn't have time to help him because she was a working single mother. It's strange how all my family and a lot of my friends' can read.
                  mother (since there's no smilie for poor punctuation and capitalization)

friends (no need for the apostrophe)
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014
                  Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                  Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Not so long ago I remember that Australia had introduced an incentive for Brits to emigrate there due to a "skills shortage".

I think that really skilled people are being kidnapped and sent into space to colonise a new planet that the general public don't know about.
                    It's Deja-vu all over again!

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                      mother (since there's no smilie for poor punctuation and capitalization)

friends (no need for the apostrophe)

Know a good English Grammer book?

Wasn't taught that thanks to the NUT and there are only so many ways you can stop a child being using bad grammer without being done for child abuse.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X