• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The "Ask Beaker" thread.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by daviejones View Post
    I did...but found the answers less than convincing...maybe we need to send you to font of knowledge classes
    Maybe you just didn't hear what you wanted to hear? Sometimes the truth is confronting and unconfortable
    Don't ask Beaker. He's just another muppet.

Comment

Originally posted by beaker View Post
      Maybe you just didn't hear what you wanted to hear? Sometimes the truth is confronting and unconfortable
      The truth? You can't handle the truth...I eat my brekkie 3 yards from people that want to kill me...
      "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

The truth? You can't handle the truth...I eat my brekkie 3 yards from people that want to kill me...
        The permies can't be that bitter, surely?

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
          The permies can't be that bitter, surely?
          Nah, just underpaid and motivationless...
          "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

That's not saying much, most of humanity feels that way.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              That's not saying much, most of humanity feels that way.
              About you yes...but as an outsider, what do you think of the human race so far?

Comment

A question for Beaker

Where is El Duder these days?

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                  Where is El Duder these days?
                  El Duder has been banned from this place. He's taken his wild sexual fantasies elsewhere. Some people say that he lives on using another name. But that is the stuff of legends
                  Don't ask Beaker. He's just another muppet.

Comment

The Admins should be able to tell us. I know Ferret hinted about it a few times...

Comment

Originally posted by MrRobin View Post
                      Who was it that said something along the lines of

I cannot prove whether or not God exists but since if he does, the benefit of belief is eternal happiness in heaven and the cost of not believing is hell, and if he doesn't exist the cost or benefit is nothing, then there is infinite reason to believe.

Was it Newton? I'm sure he expressed it much better than I just did.
                      hmmm somthign a long the same lines said by CS Lewis, but much simpler: “Christianity, if false, is of no importance, and if true, of infinite importance. The only thing it cannot be is moderately important.”

Comment

Working...
                      X