• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Farewell, East Anglia

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Farewell, East Anglia

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/7085394.stm

How easy is it to turn a windmill into a water wheel?

How would house prices be affected in London if it all got flooded like Wostershire this year? I think we need to know.

Comment

If you are going to buy a flat, buy one over a kebab shop. Keeps the water out.

HTH

Comment

ATW - It was the county of Gloucestershire not Worcestershire that was worst hit by the floods.

Here in Gloucestershire because of flooding we had no electricity for 2 days and no water for two weeks. Cheltenham was like a ghost town because there was no water and all the pubs were shut, so were the cafes, all takeaways and public toilets. People with home that were flooded out have been given £3,000 compensation by the government. But there is no compensation for the businesses that we forced to close. Today many people are living outside their houses in caravans because they are unable to get a builder until next year at the earliest to repair the flood damage to their homes.

I hope the East coast don't have to go through what we went through in July and August.
        Last edited by Lambros; 8 November 2007, 21:10.

Comment

Originally posted by Lambros View Post
          But there is no compensation for the businesses that we forced to close.
          What you go an do that for?

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
            What you go an do that for?
            Sorry typing error - WE was meant to be WERE.

Comment

Here in Gloucestershire because of flooding we had no electricity for 2 days and no water for two weeks. Cheltenham was like a ghost town because there was no water and all the pubs were shut, so were the cafes, all takeaways and public toilets
              **** me! The people of Ethiopia, Sudan and Rwanda must have been gutted for you. No Latte to be found anywhere in Cheltenham for two whole weeks!
              Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
                **** me! The people of Ethiopia, Sudan and Rwanda must have been gutted for you. No Latte to be found anywhere in Cheltenham for two whole weeks!
                Not really a fair comparison.

Comment

"Here in Gloucestershire because of flooding we had no electricity for 2 days and no water for two weeks. "

No water my @rse! You had too much water!
                  Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Working...
                  X