• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

In memory of those who gave

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Joe Black View Post
    Antwerp apparently has something going on at the moment with pictures of people who were shipped off to Auschwitz. The only city which rounded up the Jews before the Germans even arrived apparently. So I guess that's also something to remember...
    I was in Antwerp quite recently... there definitely still seems to be a very large Jewish community there
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

My uncle was in a prisoner of war camp in Burma building the bridge over the river Kwai. He left around 12 stones and came back under 6. Some of his stories of torture, death and general courage in adversity were truely shocking. I can't imagine what it would have been like. Today we are not real men like those guys were.
      The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
        My uncle was in a prisoner of war camp in Burma building the bridge over the river Kwai. He left around 12 stones and came back under 6. Some of his stories of torture, death and general courage in adversity were truely shocking. I can't imagine what it would have been like. Today we are not real men like those guys were.
        Perhaps SallyAnne should have a go at building a bridge in Burma.

Comment

Working...
        X