• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

MP3 players

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MP3 players

I am going to buy one to distract me from imminent airplane crash during flights back home in a couple of weeks.

Requirements:
    play MP3
    good battery life (at least 10 real hours, better 15)
    easy load of new tracks - ideally mounted as normal disk in Windows
    8 GB+ capacity

Sounds like iPod nano fits the bill - anyone can comment on it or alternatives? I have not been following this market closely since the time when I bought CD player sized Creative's big 20 GB jukebox, way too big

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    I am going to buy one to distract me from imminent airplane crash during flights back home in a couple of weeks.

Requirements:
    play MP3
    8 GB+ capacity

Sounds like iPod nano fits the bill - anyone can comment on it or alternatives? I have not been following this market closely since the time when I bought CD player sized Creative's big 20 GB jukebox, way too big

iPOD Touch 16GB....very cool.
    "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

iPod nano can't be mounted as a disc AFAIK. Get a Japasonic MP3 2000X Special Edition for 50p on eBay.

Comment

Requirements:
        play MP3
        8 GB+ capacity

Just hum your favourite tune to yourself and save a few £££

Comment

Get one of those new-fangled Walkman thingies, they're quite cheap if you get one without a rewind button.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            Just hum your favourite tune to yourself and save a few £££
            No, I need something louder than airplane turboprops so that I don't pay attention to their sudden silent mode or other aspects of airplane operations.

Comment

Noise cancelling headphones then!
              Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
                Noise cancelling headphones then!
                I which case I would think the engines have failed!

Comment

I which case I would think the engines have failed!
                  Only if you heard them start in the first place.

Comment

Record the sound of a jet engine and play that on your MP3 player.

Comment

Working...
                    X