• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

There we are, tape a boiled egg to your bum

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There we are, tape a boiled egg to your bum

Learn from nature

http://www.newscientist.com/article/...h-fake-it.html

The gene was found in the cichlid fish, where the males have evolved a way to lure females close so that they can squirt sperm into their mouths.

But males of certain cichlid species in east Africa have evolved a way to increase the odds that females take up their sperm. Oval yellow markings resembling the eggs are found on the anal or pelvic fins. When a female approaches the male, she thinks she sees an egg on its fin, so tries to vacuum it up in her mouth – and get a mouthful of sperm from the canny male in the process.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

I'll give it a go. Thanks.

Comment

Not sure my missus is that keen to volunteer so let me know how it goes Dim.

Comment

I've used the "in your mouth" approach for quite a few years... can't say it helped with procreation
        How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

I've been using the boiled egg taped to my bum trick for years - now you ruin it by telling everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by andrew_neil_uk View Post
            I've been using the boiled egg taped to my bum trick for years - now you ruin it by telling everyone.
            Me too, except I use a bunch of grapes.

(\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

"The gene was found in the cichlid fish, where the males have evolved a way to lure females close so that they can squirt sperm into their mouths. "

I can do that but my wife goes mad as it tends to wake her up.
              Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Working...
              X