• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Wrong Time to be a diabetic...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carrying out a controlled explosion on his Mars Bar was a step too far.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Page last updated 19th September 2013 at 20.10

And the relevance today is...?
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        Page last updated 19th September 2013 at 20.10

And the relevance today is...?
        Zeity is on a retrograb. He's HMRC's sockie to show that retro can be good.
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

In 1994 I worked with a diabetic. One day he went home for lunch and did not return. I called his girlfriend and he had gone into a coma.

He said he knew what was happening but was too busy to take corrective action.

So when a diabetic driver knocked down a person after going into a coma and got 3 years prison, my friend said "good".

I doubt he would have any sympathy with Mr Gaubert. These days it is a nanny state and no-one takes any responsibility for their own actions.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            In 1994 I worked with a diabetic. One day he went home for lunch and did not return. I called his girlfriend and he had gone into a coma.

So when a diabetic driver knocked down a person after going into a coma and got 3 years prison, my friend said "good".

I doubt he would have any sympathy with Mr Gaubert. These days it is a nanny state and no-one takes any responsibility for their own actions.
            I used to work with a type 1 Diabetic, some days he had control, others he was hanging by a thread. He blamed himself but he was actually very careful.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

The smartly dressed call-centre sales executive

zap him again.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

The type 1 diabetics I've worked with, met and know are always very good with controling their blood sugar as in the fact they will tell you if something isn't right.

In comparison most but not all type 2 tend to think it's funny their blood sugar levels are out of control.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

It's got to be the only disease where you have to stop during sex to have a Kit Kat

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                    It's got to be the only disease where you have to stop during sex to have a Kit Kat
                    If you are type 2 apparently it can lead to problems that a KitKat won't help.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                      The type 1 diabetics I've worked with, met and know are always very good with controling their blood sugar as in the fact they will tell you if something isn't right.

In comparison most but not all type 2 tend to think it's funny their blood sugar levels are out of control.
                      Very true, my son is type 1, we are lucky he has always known when a hypo is coming so can act to sort it however even with the best control this is not always the case for everyone, and some people can pass out or worse appear drunk quite quickly.

Type 2 is lifestyle diabetes brought on by a poor diet, high cholesterol/blood pressure, pretty easy to control with tablets but like SueEllen says its surprising the amount of people who don't take this seriously.

poor blood sugar control can lead to blindness and losing limbs especially feet this applies to type 1 and type 2

Comment

Working...
                      X