• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Wrong Time to be a diabetic...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Support Monkey View Post
    My son is type 1, no known cause and no known cure, he is insulin dependant for life and needs to carefully control what he eats and he doesn't drink because he knows it will cause him problems, he has no choice.

I am only prejudiced against type 2 because whilst there is always the exception the large majority of type 2 (95% in America) is caused by lifestyle choice and what you find is many people who contract it look for any excuse to show it was not caused by their choice to shove pies and crisps down their necks and sitting on their a*rse

WTF?? You must be a right idiot.

I am type 2 and trust me I have as good a lifestyle as possible. Always eat healthy food cooked from scratch, regular gym etc. I am not overweight but still here I am. The only thing is, my parents are type 2 and besides that I cannot see how I could develop the disease.

PG is right in this thread, its the low carb diet that matters. Even the oral medication only works to a certain extent as I found. My diet currently has no bread, pasta, white rice, sugar, biscuits etc. But the low carb diet requires utmost dedication and commitment, no cheating, and it's long term as well.
    Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

and it's long term as well.
      As Dr Atkins pointed out, his is a Diet (not an eating regime or faddy fashion), after you have your weight under control you find out where you daily limit for carbs is, for most it's around 20-50g to maintain your weight, you start to loose too much if you stay 100% carb free.

You'd be surprised how versatile cauliflower is.

Comment

Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
        ... So before the 'advice' of a low fat diet was given to the Nation after the war they knew it was bad advice.
        Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        Funnily enough John Yudkin, the British author of "Pure, White and Deadly", was hounded by the food lobby as well as from the 50s he advocated that sugar from carbs caused obesity.
        There's been a few documentaries about it. The government was nobbled by the food lobby. IIRC much of the funding came from the US corn syrup manufacturers.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
        X