• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Wrong Time to be a diabetic...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Support Monkey View Post
    I am only prejudiced against type 2 because whilst there is always the exception the large majority of type 2 (95% in America) is caused by lifestyle choice and what you find is many people who contract it look for any excuse to show it was not caused by their choice to shove pies and crisps down their necks and sitting on their a*rse
    Another thick fooker plucking stuff from thin air.

Why on earth do you morons take every opportunity to show how very stupid you are, when a swift google could save your blushes?

Genetics of Type 2 Diabetes
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
      Oddly Atkins researched this in the 60's and the only study of human nutrition that he found was done by HMG on the outbreak of WW2. They knew we'd need to ration food to make it through the oncoming conflict. The study involved feeding mice exclusively on one food source + water. One set got Carbs, one fat and one fibre. The only ones to survive any length of time were the one fed fat. So before the 'advice' of a low fat diet was given to the Nation after the war they knew it was bad advice.
      Funnily enough John Yudkin, the British author of "Pure, White and Deadly", was hounded by the food lobby as well as from the 50s he advocated that sugar from carbs caused obesity.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        Another thick fooker plucking stuff from thin air.

Why on earth do you morons take every opportunity to show how very stupid you are, when a swift google could save your blushes?

Genetics of Type 2 Diabetes
        Try reading it before posting it

Diabetes is a complex condition. Several factors must come together for you to develop type 2 diabetes. For example, obesity and a sedentary lifestyle play a role. Genetics can also influence whether you’ll get this disease.

Comment

Diabetes is a complex condition. Several factors must come together for you to develop type 2 diabetes. For example, obesity and a sedentary lifestyle play a role. Genetics can also influence whether you’ll get this disease.
          Quite but genetics is not the 5% influence you hinted at in your previous post, is it?
          Stick to doing support and don't comment on stuff you completely misunderstand.
          FFS.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

The Wrong Time to be a diabetic...

My son is type 1, no known cause and no known cure, he is insulin dependant for life and needs to carefully control what he eats and he doesn't drink because he knows it will cause him problems, he has no choice.

I am only prejudiced against type 2 because whilst there is always the exception the large majority of type 2 (95% in America) is caused by lifestyle choice and what you find is many people who contract it look for any excuse to show it was not caused by their choice to shove pies and crisps down their necks and sitting on their a*rse
            Without doubt lifestyle and diet is the main cause of T2.

Most people don't appreciate that carbs make you fat, due to excess insulin production.

For years it's all been 'don't eat fat' eat carbs for every meal. Cereals for breakfast, sandwiches for lunch, pasta or rice or potatoes for tea.

Carbs kill.

https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb/foods
            http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

I guess if you ever meet Steve Redgrave or Tom Hanks you just call them lazy f***s for not doing enough exercise.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                Quite but genetics is not the 5% influence you hinted at in your previous post, is it?
                Stick to doing support and don't comment on stuff you completely misunderstand.
                FFS.
                Clearly its you who don't read what your posting so I would suggest you stop talking about thing until you learn to stop and think first.

My point is (even if put across badly) is that TYPE2 can be caused by your Lifestyle choice, many !!NOT ALL!! people I have come across with type 2 fall into the category of making excuses and not taking responsibility for their own health, they could if they wish to make the choice to control a disease that will cause them major issues, many choose not to

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  I guess if you ever meet Steve Redgrave or Tom Hanks you just call them lazy f***s for not doing enough exercise.
                  In Tom Hanks case yes we could

Tom Hanks on what led to type 2 diabetes diagnosis: 'I was a total idiot' - TODAY.com

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    although not in Steve Redgraves case, he was just eating too much

Redgrave had won his first four Olympic gold medals while eating a diet of around 7,000 calories a day

Steve Redgrave - Olympian, Rower with Type 2 Diabetes

Comment

although not in Steve Redgraves case, he was just eating too much

Redgrave had won his first four Olympic gold medals while eating a diet of around 7,000 calories a day

Steve Redgrave - Olympian, Rower with Type 2 Diabetes

Gosh you are thick. If you did any form of intense amateur sport you would know how many calories you can burn up while training.

Comment

Working...
                      X