• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Christmas menu

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chef if your wife is a hotel manager, and you are such a good cook - I can see a plan B in the making

Comment

My Xmas dinner isn't just turkey, it's M&S turkey
      ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

I don't know if this is normal, but when my wife cooks duck it takes 4-6 hours, at a low temperature, and all the superfluous fat melts away in the process.

Whatever bird she roasts, the skin is coated in Soy sauce and various spices, the bird comes out black looking like it's been burnt, but it's really nice, better than any other roast bird I've ever had.

I reckon her duck method should work for cooking the traditional christmas bird, goose, but for some reason she shudders at the thought of eating goose. I'm sure a goose cooked like this would beat the pants off that recent American import, Turkey.

Comment

Generous servings of various seafood.
          "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Originally posted by IR35 Avoider View Post
            I don't know if this is normal, but when my wife cooks duck it takes 4-6 hours, at a low temperature, and all the superfluous fat melts away in the process.

Whatever bird she roasts, the skin is coated in Soy sauce and various spices, the bird comes out black looking like it's been burnt, but it's really nice, better than any other roast bird I've ever had.

I reckon her duck method should work for cooking the traditional christmas bird, goose, but for some reason she shudders at the thought of eating goose. I'm sure a goose cooked like this would beat the pants off that recent American import, Turkey.

Sounds yummie, would you mind asking her for the recipe for me?

Comment

Originally posted by SandyDown View Post
              Chef if your wife is a hotel manager, and you are such a good cook - I can see a plan B in the making
              my girlfriend is the manager for the Executive Lounge of Hilton Manchester but has been a hotel manager for other smaller independent hotels.

i enjoy cooking as a hobby but im not at the masterchef form fillign stage quite yet, i just like experimenting and recreating things ive eaten in restaurants.

I would quite like to own a boutique b&b / bistro style restaurant as a plan B possibly in the future, its on the cards, just need some more practice first
              The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by Ardesco View Post
                Best crimbo dinner is a nice slab of Roast Aberdeen Angus (and by roast I mean warmed in the oven) that still bleeds as you cut it MMMMMmmmmMMmmmMMMmmmmmmmmmmm
                If it's been hung properly, it won't bleed.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                  If it's been hung properly, it won't bleed.
                  I'm not talking arterial pumping here, but a fresh peice of meat will retain a certain amount of blood in the flesh. That tends to mix with the fat and makes superb gravey. You need a good bit of blood to give the gravey some real flavour (and a dash of red wine)

Comment

Originally posted by Ardesco View Post
                    You need a good bit of blood to give the gravey some real flavour (and a dash of red wine)
                    Firstly young man

Secondly, add Cognac, a dash of vermouth and a couple of glasses of port, stir into the gravy, throw the meat away and get pished on the gravy!

Comment

Working...
                    X