• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Darwin Award candidate of the day

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Don't worry he's still thick though.

And it's no accident as you don't put your hand/arm in moving machines.
    Thanks SueEllen. By the way, what's your favourite letter?

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
      There was a story doing the rounds about a fisherman who did a similar thing.

Chopping his own arm off, not the playing with rocks thing.

Found it, Wikipedia, I love you!
      Seems to be all the rage to chop your own limbs off. Anyone here given it a try?
      Don't ask Beaker. He's just another muppet.

Comment

Originally posted by beaker View Post
        Seems to be all the rage to chop your own limbs off. Anyone here given it a try?
        That's where the term coyote ugly comes from. However since you just got laid you probably get disqualified from the Darwin award.

Comment

Originally posted by beaker View Post
          I snapped my banjo string years ago - does that count?
          The squint, the cocked eye and clenched first are the cornerstones of all Merseyside communication from birth to grave

Comment

I was working on my van engine once and a gust of the wind caused the bonnet to slam down on my little finger and latch. It was stuck in a gap about 5mm wide. When somebody finally rescued me, my finger was a quarter of its normal thickess. Oddly, it was back to normal in 10 minutes and I never even had a bruise.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
              I was working on my van engine once and a gust of the wind caused the bonnet to slam down on my little finger and latch. It was stuck in a gap about 5mm wide. When somebody finally rescued me, my finger was a quarter of its normal thickess. Oddly, it was back to normal in 10 minutes and I never even had a bruise.
              Did you consider cutting it off with your pocketknife?
              Don't ask Beaker. He's just another muppet.

Comment

I once caught me wotsit in my flies once, but never had a penknife handy to cut the blighter off. Had to make do with carefully unzipping it.

Comment

Emily Hartridge: TV presenter and YouTube star dies in crash - BBC News

Those electric scooters are a f**king pain. Though perhaps not as bad as scooters that stay at the Heathrow Thistle....

Comment

And another one: -

Boy critical after scooter crash on Monks Orchard Road, Beckenham | News Shopper

Comment

Turns out the lad has 3 kids with 2 girls*. Not a candidate for a Darwin award.

*Probably.
                      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Working...
                      X