• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Random Thursday Favourite Five III

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[quote=Zorba;395734]Must...resist...nonsense...

Hiro Protagonist (or the guy with the nuke in the sidecar who's name I can't remember - Raven?)
    quote]

Syler
    It's Deja-vu all over again!

Comment

[QUOTE=KathyWoolfe;395776]
      Originally posted by Zorba View Post
      Must...resist...nonsense...

Hiro Protagonist (or the guy with the nuke in the sidecar who's name I can't remember - Raven?)
      quote]

Syler
      I've googled it now, it's definitely Raven (from 'Snow Crash' by Neal Stephenson). Who's Syler, though? I'm intrigued that there are 2 baddies with nukes in their sidecars...

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
        Those last two in the same sentence?
        with any luck!!
        Bazza gets caught
        Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
          Go on. You know you want to.
          - Favourite item of fruit

Cherries and grapes

- Favourite TV bad guy

- Favourite ice cream flavour

Mint Choc chip

- Favourite literary character

Sherlock Holmes

- Favourite bit of xmas dinner

Buck's Fizz

Comment

[quote=Zorba;395786]
            Originally posted by KathyWoolfe View Post

I've googled it now, it's definitely Raven (from 'Snow Crash' by Neal Stephenson). Who's Syler, though? I'm intrigued that there are 2 baddies with nukes in their sidecars...

Are you talking about the second series - we've only just finished the first series here in the UK.

Syler was the baddie in the first series who went around acquiring new powers by cutting off the tops of the heads of people with super powers.

Comment

Strawberry
              Wolf from Gladiators
              Vanilla
              DEATH
              Wine
              Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

[QUOTE=KathyWoolfe;395795]
                Originally posted by Zorba View Post

Are you talking about the second series - we've only just finished the first series here in the UK.

Syler was the baddie in the first series who went around acquiring new powers by cutting off the tops of the heads of people with super powers.
                No, I'm talking about a book. I haven't gotten round to watching Heroes yet, although I'm getting Series 1 on DVD for Christmas, hopefully.

Comment

[QUOTE=Zorba;395835]

No, I'm talking about a book. I haven't gotten round to watching Heroes yet, although I'm getting Series 1 on DVD for Christmas, hopefully.
                  I love Heroes like a fat kid loves cake. 'tis a polished series.
                  Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Is pondlife building a database of contractor's preferences? Is this a covert start of a plan b? discuss.
                    "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

[QUOTE=Zorba;395835]

Me too - from my brother... I hope
                      Bazza gets caught
                      Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Working...
                      X