• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Random Thursday Favourite Five III

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[quote=Xenophon;395844]
    Originally posted by Zorba View Post

I love Heroes like a fat kid loves cake. 'tis a polished series.
    It's not as good as the new Battlestar Galactica though...I've enjoyed all three series so far and I'm looking forward to seeing the next
    It's Deja-vu all over again!

Comment

Mango
      Claire's Dad (when he's bad, in Heroes. Mmmmmm Claire's Dad mmmmmmm)
      Not much of an ice cream fan to be honest.
      Not much of abook person either - I liek that lass who was always fixing everyone up in that jane Austin novel...Emma was it?
      The sitting gettin p*ss*d with the family all afternoon bit
      The pope is a tard.

Comment

[QUOTE=KathyWoolfe;395880]
        Originally posted by Xenophon View Post

It's not as good as the new Battlestar Galactica though...I've enjoyed all three series so far and I'm looking forward to seeing the next
        Well, you've set my expectations nicely there! The new BSG is absolutely superb - there's a feature length special that has just come out on DVD (Battlestar Galactica Razor) which is currently winging it's way over from the US for me.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
          25th Oct 07: 19-11
          25th Nov 07: 18-07
          25th Dec 07: TBA
          SA - is this your weight loss progress? Not being impertinent like, just interested.
          "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
            SA - is this your weight loss progress? Not being impertinent like, just interested.
            Yes.

I spend so much time on here it's the best place to "out" myself. And it makes me stick to my diet every day (well, apart from this mornign when I foolishly had a bacon sarnie cause I was so cold and fed up...but I'm just going to eat veggies for the rest of the day, honest guv!)
            The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
              Is pondlife building a database of contractor's preferences? Is this a covert start of a plan b? discuss.
              Yes but don't tell anyone. My plan is to inform my Nigerian colleagues that high income contractors have a penchant for squirrels and vanilla ice cream, thus making them easier to target.

Next weeks poll will include:-
              Favourite mothers maiden name
              Favourite national insurance number
              Favourite date of birth
              Favourite bank account number
              Favourite last 3 digits on the back of your credit card

Green apples
              Lex Luther
              Vanilla
              Dirk Pitt
              Sausage wrapped in smokey bacon

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                Go on. You know you want to.

- Favourite item of fruit

- Favourite TV bad guy

- Favourite ice cream flavour

- Favourite literary character

- Favourite bit of xmas dinner
                Banana
                The Master
                N/A (don't eat ice cream)
                Little Alex from Clockwork Orange
                Xmas Pudding
                If you find this post offensive, please insert "Chan" before and "tho" after, then it should be OK.

Sometimes I almost feel just like a human being - Elvis Costello

Comment

Yes.

I spend so much time on here it's the best place to "out" myself. And it makes me stick to my diet every day (well, apart from this mornign when I foolishly had a bacon sarnie cause I was so cold and fed up...but I'm just going to eat veggies for the rest of the day, honest guv!)
                  Good for you (apart from the bacon sarnie bit). Keep it up - I found the GI diet is quite workable and doesn't prevent you from having to give up too much. Dropped 5lb in 4 weeks. Keep it up! Have a big for your efforts.
                  "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Yes.

Man, you are really zooming down. I'm definitely going to try it after Christmas.

Comment

- Favourite item of fruit

- Favourite TV bad guy

- Favourite ice cream flavour

- Favourite literary character

- Favourite bit of xmas dinner
                      Feijoa

Baron Silas Greenback

Chocolate

Pug or Ciaphas Cain

Roast Lamb

Comment