• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Independent Ratings for Agency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by b0redom View Post
    I never really understand this. To me it doesn't really matter which agency I go through, all that matters is the rate, the location, and if they pay on time.....
    Agreed, although it is prudent to know their track record on occasion and their likely capability to pay in these DOOMED times.

Comment

Has anyone managed to get an agency to agree to let them contract and bill direct to the end client effectively cutting the agency out of the billing loop?
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

I would be surprised if they had. How would they know if you then went direct?
        And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Comment

I have but only when it came to the end of a very long role. The client didn't have the work to justify me for a full week and because their HR dept had this 18month rule in place for contractors I was going to be let go. I got the agency to agree to step out of the picture so that I could do 8 hours per week for them offsite and around any other work I had on. This was only supposed to be for a month while they trained somebody else up to do the role. It ended up being almost a year. Apparnatly their 18 month rule only applied to agency staff and not to contactors working direct.
          Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
            Has anyone managed to get an agency to agree to let them contract and bill direct to the end client effectively cutting the agency out of the billing loop?
            Yep, but only because the Agency refused to accept the client's contract and the client refused to accept the agency contract.

So instead the client paid the agency a finders fee for the initial 4 month contract and has now been giving us regular work for nearly 2 years

Comment

Working...
            X