• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Who's the biggest dork here?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    When was the last time you were right-royally shagged?

You seem to be craving attention.

Are you not getting enough?
    I'm getting far too much attention from you, that's for sure!

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
      Dorks are not daft, instead they have delusions of being bright and so think they are writing intelligent, impressively knowledgeable answers that don't convince anyone. Dorkdum is the province of the deluded and unaware, not the daft.You would fail hopelessly because you don't even attempt to appear brainy.
      Originally posted by Denny View Post
      A few strategic miscalculations on the maths thread, a few aimless comments and misdirections on recruitment and ir35 matters, make friends with Malvolio and the title's mine.

Plot, plot, plot, plot.....[read Machiavelli] plot....plot....plot....
      Ah the irony is exquisite.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Oh Denny you poor thing
        That boy go raaaaaaa
        Copyright (C) BabyBear1 - with thanks to VF for hosting

Comment

Originally posted by TazMaN View Post
          Though we are blessed with many, many nerds on this forum.

On the bright side, you are also blessed with me. I am the biggest **** here.

Comment

Originally posted by Scaroth of the Jagaroth View Post
            You see that -----> .

That's you and the validity of your opinions, that is.
            Brilliant! I shall steal that response, claim it as my own and recycle it many, many times.

As for Dorkism, I've got a personal reference for being a geek (see .sig) does that count?
            Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

No no, I never ever win anything. I am desperate to be acknowledged.
              I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
              Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
                Brilliant! I shall steal that response, claim it as my own and recycle it many, many times.

As for Dorkism, I've got a personal reference for being a geek (see .sig) does that count?
                Why is 65535 important in your signature?
                Best Forum Advisor 2014
                Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                  Why is 65535 important in your signature?
                  If you have to ask... you're in the wrong thread!

Because if 5X's subsequent post had brought CUK crashing down about our keyboards, mine would have been the last CUK post ever.
                  Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
                    If you have to ask... you're in the wrong thread!

Because if 5X's subsequent post had brought CUK crashing down about our keyboards, mine would have been the last CUK post ever.
                    Oh - in the same way I had 32767 which would have been the last one if BATTS broke it by exceeding 32k.

Why would it be a 64k limit though? 32767 is much more significant, if you ask me.
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014
                    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                      Oh - in the same way I had 32767 which would have been the last one if BATTS broke it by exceeding 32k.

Why would it be a 64k limit though? 32767 is much more significant, if you ask me.
                      32767 (0111 1111 1111 1111 in binary) is significant if it's contained in a 16-bit word which is treated as a signed two's-complement value, because incrementing it would cause it to wrap around to -32768 (1000 0000 0000 0000 in binary). If a 16-bit word is treated as an unsigned value then the maximum value it can contain is 65535 (1111 1111 1111 1111 in binary) - when incremented beyond that it would overflow and be reset to zero (0000 0000 0000 0000 in binary).

So they are of equal significance depending on context - for example, it was VB treating a 16-bit value as signed two's-complement that wiped out all the posts on the 10 Downing Street web site's forum when post 32768 (which is actually -32768) was submitted. Had the post ID been treated as an unsigned value, then the incompetence of the developer(s) (and therefore at the heart of Government, as they hired them) wouldn't have been exposed for another few months.

Comment

Working...
                      X