• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Future Wilmslow Posts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Future Wilmslow Posts

To save him the trouble, put all possible posts here.
    I like this one by Ardesco:

I feel horrible again this morning.....

It feels like somebody gave my ribs a damn good kicking and then took me up the arse before bashing me over the head.....

God I wish I was a perm and could weasel my way out of work while claiming sick pay.... Only a couple of months to go before I get my all new permie contract, I think i'll take the first week off sick to celebrate...

Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

You've got me thinking ! Maybe I should go Perm one more time before I hang up my keyboard and see if I can be the most annoying and least productive permie ever. Do stuff all, moan all the time, have atleast one or two days a week off sick and eventually develop some sort of nervous disposition or failing that a bad back. When they finally get around to sacking me threaten them with some sort of age discrimination lawsuit. What do you reckon ?

Comment

I'm thinking of getting a beaded seat cover for my new Ford Focus.
      However, I am unsure what size beads the seat cover should have.

Anyone on here have any suggestions.

I would do a poll but I need to post another thread to ask how to do a poll first.

Signed: Wilmslow

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
        I'm thinking of getting a beaded seat cover for my new Ford Focus.
        However, I am unsure what size beads the seat cover should have.

Anyone on here have any suggestions.

I would do a poll but I need to post another thread to ask how to do a poll first.

Signed: Wilmslow
        Beads would ruin the velour of the ghia upholstery.

Next...

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          To save him the trouble, put all possible posts here.
          Surely he merits a whole forum all to himself now, just called "Wilmslow" ?

Comment

Originally posted by moorfield View Post
            Surely he merits a whole forum all to himself now, just called "Wilmslow" ?
            Good idea. It would be full of silly questions and moaning. The colour theme should be appropriate - all grey and dreary.
            Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by Xenophon View Post
              The colour theme should be appropriate - all grey and dreary.
              I think Atw should be allowed to post doomed house price predictions in the thread too. Denny can also post how IR35 is going to catch all of us one day and anyone else can post dreary predictions as required.

Comment

Perhaps we should start a 'Dear Wilmslow' thread where only the great man himself can post with his gripe for the day.

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
                  Beads would ruin the velour of the ghia upholstery.
                  OMG... no leather.

Has it also got those floppy handle things for winding down the windows?

Sounds like a permie car for sure. It's good enough to be a company one too.
                  Eat Right, Exercise, Die Anyway.

Comment

The future is buff not orange

Watch out for shadowy figures in shades and clipboard for taking notes, standing on street corners with binoculars looking up at our windows to see if we work from home or go out and come back to our house during regular commuting hours.

We're all doomed and should expect the dreaded buff envelope on the doormat any day now, and a fishing net being poked through the letterbox to snare us as we pick it up.

Good foils: wear a disguise for a chunk of your contract, so that you appear to be exercising a right of substitution. Always carry a laptop (own equipment) whether you need one or not, and take a different route to the same site (give the impression we're servicing a number of clients not just one), come and go at irregular times even if that means leaving for work at 5am some mornings for a half hour journey to work.

Comment

Working...
                    X