• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Working hours

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
    I would kill for home working.

I am currently doing around 7:45 to 4pm due to the motorway network and local traffic, cannot leave before 4pm as a contractor.

Even leaving at 4pm takes 30 minutes to travel 4 miles to the motorway.

In three months time though will be moving to 7 to 3, life should be a lot easier then – nice to get home for 4pm with no traffic
    Find a nice permie job that suits home working then.
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
      Personally I detest working from home, probably because I haven't got any dedicated office space
      I love working at home - I have a nice desk with my three 19" monitors on it to work at, though.

That said, current gig requires me to be on site for access to the system (secure site) so it's been a while since I worked from home.
      Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

m 09.30 to 19.30
        t 08.00 to 19.00
        w 08.00 to 19.00
        t 08.00 to 16.00

Comment

Originally posted by DS23 View Post
          m 09.30 to 19.30
          t 08.00 to 19.00
          w 08.00 to 19.00
          t 08.00 to 16.00
          Part-timer

Comment

m 11.25 to 18.00
            t 08.30 to 19.00
            w 08.30 to 19.00
            t 08.30 to 18.00
            f 09.15 to 13.10

Only fixed times are the Monday arrival and Friday leaving, since that's when I catch my flights. Friday morning is late as I stop for a BIG breakfast (but I have no lunch Monday or Friday to make up for it).

Yesterday I was in 11.25 to 20.00 as I was flying in today. But there's no expectation of hours - it's a professional working day, innit?
            Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

7-4 mon-thu
              7-12 alternate fridays (have the other alternate fridays off)

Comment

I have a dedicated office with a/c servers in cabinets, fitted office furniture that can seat up to 3 people.

Be careful what you wish for - being multi-client direct for 4 years is not as great as it first appears.

Don't get me wrong, I prefer this way, but the isolation and the "feast or famine" workload can take its toll on both your health and your relationship.

I try and get out as much as possible on the bike and have client meetings at their site, but I've found that more clients want to come over to my office to escape their permie commute helldom.
                If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Working...
                X