• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Grand Designs

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grand Designs

I watched this last night. Man - that house was huge!!! Mind you, so were the inhabitants.

I am of the opinion that, in this particular case, the planner should be shot!!

Older and ...well, just older!!

Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
    I watched this last night. Man - that house was huge!!! Mind you, so were the inhabitants.

Agreed. Their temporary cottage was much nicer!

I think the cedar will age nicely and the roof would grow well over time, so from the rear it will be less obvious, but it looked like a sports centre from the front. Totally out of character against the lime kilns.

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore View Post

They were a strange couple. I liked the idea of moving the windows so that they short woman could see through them, but anyone over 5' couldn't!
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
        They were a strange couple.
        The woman reminded me of this classic character

http://www.christilling.de/pics/mashed.JPG

Comment

A house only its 'parents' could love.

Shame they'll probably drop dead of obese related causes in a few years.

Out of interest, what is the oldest age a person of such 'stature' has survived to? I'd guess 70s at best.

And no I'm not going to ask how old SA is! By the time she comes back to the fold, most of hers will have disappeared if she keeps up the good progress.
          Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
          Feist - I Feel It All
          Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
            A house only its 'parents' could love.

Shame they'll probably drop dead of obese related causes in a few years.

Out of interest, what is the oldest age a person of such 'stature' has survived to? I'd guess 70s at best.

And no I'm not going to ask how old SA is! By the time she comes back to the fold, most of hers will have disappeared if she keeps up the good progress.
            She's 32, and so significantly older than I.

HTH
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
              She's 32, and so significantly older than I.

HTH

I didn't ask! Curiosity killed the cat and all that.
              Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
              Feist - I Feel It All
              Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Looked like a school building.
                Fair enough that they are comfortable with their lifestyle and body proportions but their kid looked like a prime bully target.

Comment

Originally posted by crack_ho View Post
                  ...but their kid looked like a prime bully target.
                  Not necessarily. I think he was going to end up looking like Andre the Giant.

Comment

Working...
                  X