• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HMRC Slogan

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HMRC Slogan

This was on contractoruk article about new HMRC Slogan http://www.contractoruk.com/news/003667.html best they could come up with for £1.3mil was 'HMRC Ambition' ffs it took 450 HMRC people 3 meetings to come up with that.

Anyway I think CUK'ers can come up with a better slogan than that what suggestions do you have ? Nicked off a t-shirt I saw 'HMRC; we arent happy till your unhappy'

Originally posted by Bumfluff View Post
    This was on contractoruk article about new HMRC Slogan http://www.contractoruk.com/news/003667.html best they could come up with for £1.3mil was 'HMRC Ambition' ffs it took 450 HMRC people 3 meetings to come up with that.

Anyway I think CUK'ers can come up with a better slogan than that what suggestions do you have ? Nicked off a t-shirt I saw 'HMRC; we arent happy till your unhappy'
    I think they meant to say:

HMRC Killing Ambition
    Last edited by bogeyman; 19 February 2008, 16:40. Reason: better slogan

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

HMRC - making tax taxing.
      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

HMRC - You either loath us or hate us - like Marmite but with a lot less love

Comment

Freedom Through Taxation

Comment

1.3m. So that is 450 people for 3 meetings and say that meeting lasts all day, that amounts to almost £963 per person mer day.
            Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
              Freedom Through Taxation
              Good one Alf. Besteuerung gibt frei!

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

HMRC -= wanking tossbags?

Can I claim my £1.3m now?
                "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

HMRC: Because your money is our money.

Comment

You've all missed the obvious:

"HMRC - it's only fair".

Comment

Working...
                    X