• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brollies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brollies

How hard is it to shut down your ltd company mid contract and switch to a brolly? I have been quoted a take home of about 80% which is way higher than I get out of my ltd company and so I am seriously considering putting my comany to sleep.
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Originally posted by TonyEnglish
    How hard is it to shut down your ltd company mid contract and switch to a brolly? I have been quoted a take home of about 80% which is way higher than I get out of my ltd company and so I am seriously considering putting my comany to sleep.

Get your agency to produce a new contract withe the Brolly and away you go.

You can always keep your company running, just that it won't have any turnover...

Spod.

Comment

Which one?

Enquiring minds want to know.

Comment

Brollies

"Enquiring minds want to know."

Hexagon. My ltd comapny never seens to get close to 80% so I would like a period of time when I work for me instead of G Brown. How do you go about joining a brolly while being employed by your ltd company?
        Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Hexagon Services

You can only take home 80% if your contract is outside IR35. If it is a normal contract where you attend the same site every day then you should not use Hexagon as their 'Composite' scheme is designed for non-IR35 people where you pay yourself dividends instead of salary. You would only take home 80% by cheating the inland revenue and getting away with it and if that were possible we'd all be doing it wouldn't we?

Comment

Originally posted by absoft
            You would only take home 80% by cheating the inland revenue and getting away with it
            Tony, have them fiddlin' scousers put you up to this? You're only half a day into the job!

You'll be all right - Liverpool is a no-go area for Hector.

Comment

Working...
            X