• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why terrorists have lost ...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why terrorists have lost ...

I was on the tube yesterday going to the pub and this bloke walked in, sat down, and fell asleep. He he.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Best response imo, sure be a bit more aware but otherwise go about your life as normal.

Whole point of a terrorist is to cause terror, death and destruction are just the tools to do it.

Things like birmingham or politicians demanding and getting draconian powers is just playing into their hands

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
      I was on the tube yesterday going to the pub and this bloke walked in, sat down, and fell asleep. He he.
      Maybe he had spent all night wide awake worrying about the prospect of having to travel on the tube the next day

(I'm not keen on these new glyphs - they're too twee and furry compared to the sharper ones on ezboard. If a forum moderator/admin is reading this, can we at least have our old glyphs back?!)
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

I really do hope this Birmingham thing was based on credible intelligence and wasn't just a reaction to an abandoned bag on a bus or a desire to be shown "to be doing something". We can't go evacuating city centres every other day at the drop of a hat.

Comment

Glad to say ...

... Got on the central line at Liverpool St. Tubes as packed today as they always are - was hoping to get a seat for a change. People just don't give a tulip. Which is nice.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Apparantly the situation in Birmingham had no connection to the London bombings but, if it were similar action I wonder if we would be told - could start a real panic so soon after London

Comment

As it happens, I was in Birmingham last night. Got a taxi to ladypool road where I had the worst curry ever, incidentally, and the taxi driver was telling me that in Chinatown, in a particular restaurant, the police, all of a sudden marched in, and instructed everyone to leave the restaurant immediately leaving 750 pounds worth of unpaid bills. He told me, the owner was furious no one had returned to pay at least what they had consummed

Comment

Originally posted by Pinto
                As it happens, I was in Birmingham last night. Got a taxi to ladypool road where I had the worst curry ever, incidentally, and the taxi driver was telling me that in Chinatown, in a particular restaurant, the police, all of a sudden marched in, and instructed everyone to leave the restaurant immediately leaving 750 pounds worth of unpaid bills. He told me, the owner was furious no one had returned to pay at least what they had consummed
                Ladypool Road is just for the tourists these days. Get yerself to the Shereen Kadah on Moseley Road - you know it's good because you'll be the only non-asian person in there.

All sounds as though it was a bit confused. Some hotel guests told of how they were evacuated from their hotel for an hour, let back in for 15 minutes, then evacuated again, then were told to "go home". After pointing out to the plod that "home" was for some of them hundreds of miles away, their cars were sealed off inside the evacuated zone and there was no access to the train station, only then did they seem to consider what to do with all these people (who ended up sleeping on the floor of a lecture theatre).

Comment

"Get yerself to the Shereen Kadah on Moseley Road"

Thanks for the suggestion. It was my first time in Birmingham, but it won't be my last. I'm sure it has a lot to offer, once I've learnt where it's worth going.

Comment

Just think of all the fun you'll have finding out!

Just came across this mini-review of the establishment in question.

Shereen Kadah, 543 Moseley Road, Moseley, Birmingham B13
                    Unlicensed

This is where I had my first Balti. The portions at SK are slightly smaller than those elsewhere and the price is accordingly smaller. I sometimes prefer this because it allows you to enjoy one of the delicious desserts that are also served. The food is, as you would expect, excellent and the nan is always cooked to perfection. A typical meal will cost just around four pounds. The Shereen Kadah has the menus under the glass on top of the tables which is an original balti touch from the first restaurants.
                    Bloody hell, I'm gagging for a balti now, but as I live in London these days I'll have to make do with some jellied eels or something.
                    Last edited by Lucifer Box; 11 July 2005, 17:07.

Comment

Working...
                    X