• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hobbies?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hobbies?

What hobbies do you guys have?

Working from home at the moment and I have quite a bit of free time now.

Was working, travelling and commuting loads last year and then girlfriend stuff just claimed most of the rest of the time. Now I work from home and have split with the girlfriend.

Work is pretty quiet and even then working from home gives me loads more time with no commute or travel.

I've been doing a bit of bar work couple of evenings a week, studying for a certification (the 70-431 SQL exam), going to the gym, reading, watching films, and boozing it up with mates on weekends. The hangovers after a big saturday night are killer though so want to cut down on the last one.

So what kind of stuff do you do/can you recommend? Just looking for some interesting stuff to fill the new found free time and enjoy life.
    Last edited by DieScum; 6 March 2008, 13:59. Reason: typo

Originally posted by DieScum View Post
    watching filsm, and boozing it up with mates on weekends.
    Sounds like you do more than enough already.

Rhubarbski.

Comment

I post on internet forums as a female who gets excited by middle aged IT geeks.

It's a pretty niche area I know but I just love the attention.

Comment

Well, strangling animals, golf and masturbating.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
          I post on internet forums as a female who gets excited by middle aged IT geeks.

It's a pretty niche area I know but I just love the attention.

That gets my vote as post of the day!

Comment

me too, except I like animals and I hate golf

(\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Same here...apart from the golf!! (he beat me to it)

HTH
              "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

Strangling masturbating golfers
                Last edited by 51st State; 6 March 2008, 14:09. Reason: can't spell for jizz
                If she weighs the same as a duck, she's made of wood. And therefore a witch!

Comment

Spending 3 hours a day on the motorway does not give me much time - mind you, I could spot Eddie Stobbart lorries!

When time permits I like to do a counselling shift on a helpline. Really reccomend this as a way to enjoy a hobby, and gain good people skills that can help with work.

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
                    Spending 3 hours a day on the motorway does not give me much time - mind you, I could spot Eddie Stobbart lorries!

When time permits I like to do a counselling shift on a helpline. Really reccomend this as a way to enjoy a hobby, and gain good people skills that can help with work.

<<canned laughter>>
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                    X