• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Which ISA funds are going to boom in 08/09

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
    You did Ok then providing you didn't buy a few years back @ 6700

I got out of China a bit too early but it's never wrong to take a profit. Too early to go back in yet as a single country play but I am holding some activelt managed "global funds" that manage a fair portion of their portfolio in emerging economies. I'm drip feeding 3 global funds and 2 UK income funds at the moment. UK income did quite badly the last year or so, it's due a rebound.
    My shamateur economic theory is we might see a major dip if we have a worldwide recession ( looking more than possible ) and the emerging stuff will get uber battered hence I flogged all that. Remember the FTSE went down to 3,500ish during the dotcom panic and we didn't have a recession.

Comment

China is little overheated in places, but Emerging markets aren't as volatile as they were in 1998, they've come of age. In the 90's Emerging markets always got battered but then there were significant financial problems not too disimilar to the US now, overheating property, banks over lending etc etc.

Your best bet at the moment is the US (as usual the market no-one expects anything at all), what with a low Dollar. Commodities are a bit "yesterday" at the moment, and vulnerable for a correction, though the longterm bull market is in tact.They're "well priced" as they say, and China is a bit high. There are far eastern markets looking well poised, Thailand, and Korea. These markets are undervalued, especially Thailand.

Basically start wading in to the US in the summer, industrials and export stocks.
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

I think those two posts above are about as good as free advice gets these days. I'm buying in every month and I will continue to do so all the way to the bottom and all the way back up!
        Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
        Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Working...
        X