• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Which ISA funds are going to boom in 08/09

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which ISA funds are going to boom in 08/09

Which fund (from fund supermarket) is going to make the most gains this and next year?

I'm thinking:

Merrill Lynch Gold & General £ Inc
    First State Glb Resources A Acc
    Fidelity Funds - China Focus A GBP
    JPM Emerging Markets Fund A Acc
    Schroder ISF Emerg Mkt Debt A GBP Hdg Inc

But am open to advice and suggestions.

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Which fund (from fund supermarket) is going to make the most gains this and next year?

I'm thinking:

I concur in general. I'd say:

JPMorgan Natural Resources
    MFM iFunds ETF Commodity Fund
    Junior Oils Trust
    Investec Global Gold

I'm not sure about emerging markets for the moment.They're all driven by selling raw materials to China so they can make things to sell to the US.

Comment

I'm looking at this one (http://www.fidelity.co.uk/advisercli...agressive.html) through my IFA - not sure it it's available through a fund supermarket, but would expect so as it's a Fidelity fund.
      If she weighs the same as a duck, she's made of wood. And therefore a witch!

Comment

You missed the boat. They're all yesterdays high performers.
        Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
        Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

I'm thinking: ...

Clearly prawn, you are either the next Warren Buffet, or the next exquisitely tasty morsel of some important person's buffet.

To what do you owe your spectacular crustacean insight into the big-dipper ride that is the ISA?
          Last edited by bogeyman; 6 March 2008, 17:49.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
            Clearly prawn, you are either the next Warren Buffet, or the next exquisitely tasty morsel of some important person's buffet.

To what do you owe your spectacular crustacean insight into the big-dipper ride that is the ISA?
            Dim is amazing. He lives in Swindon yet has a global property empire, vast earnings from his contracting career, of course, and an amazing un-paralleled insight into the financial world.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

I'm thinking:

I already have ML G+G has made me 61% this year!
              Some people are like slinkys, totally pointless but the thought of pushing them down a flight of stairs never fails to put a smile on your face.

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post

I'm not sure about emerging markets for the moment.They're all driven by selling raw materials to China so they can make things to sell to the US.
                III were rating China funds for the next 12 months on the back of the Olympics, needless to say as soon as they're over I'll be selling my China fund.
                Some people are like slinkys, totally pointless but the thought of pushing them down a flight of stairs never fails to put a smile on your face.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
                  You missed the boat. They're all yesterdays high performers.
                  Are they tommorrow's high performers too?

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                    Dim is amazing. He lives in Swindon yet has a global property empire, vast earnings from his contracting career, of course, and an amazing un-paralleled insight into the financial world.
                    You forgot sexy.

Comment

Working...
                    X