Which ISA funds are going to boom in 08/09 Which ISA funds are going to boom in 08/09
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 23
  1. #1

    Richer than sasguru

    DimPrawn is a fount of knowledge

    DimPrawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Brexit Britain
    Posts
    34,587

    Default Which ISA funds are going to boom in 08/09

    Which fund (from fund supermarket) is going to make the most gains this and next year?

    I'm thinking:

    Merrill Lynch Gold & General £ Inc
    First State Glb Resources A Acc
    Fidelity Funds - China Focus A GBP
    JPM Emerging Markets Fund A Acc
    Schroder ISF Emerg Mkt Debt A GBP Hdg Inc


    But am open to advice and suggestions.
    I was miserable and depressed, but CUK turned it all around. Now I'm depressed and miserable.

  2. #2

    Godlike

    expat has more data than eek


    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Brutopia
    Posts
    8,320

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Which fund (from fund supermarket) is going to make the most gains this and next year?

    I'm thinking:

    Merrill Lynch Gold & General £ Inc
    First State Glb Resources A Acc
    Fidelity Funds - China Focus A GBP
    JPM Emerging Markets Fund A Acc
    Schroder ISF Emerg Mkt Debt A GBP Hdg Inc


    But am open to advice and suggestions.
    I concur in general. I'd say:

    JPMorgan Natural Resources
    MFM iFunds ETF Commodity Fund
    Junior Oils Trust
    Investec Global Gold

    I'm not sure about emerging markets for the moment.They're all driven by selling raw materials to China so they can make things to sell to the US.

  3. #3

    More time posting than coding

    51st State has no reputation

    51st State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    207

    Default

    I'm looking at this one (http://www.fidelity.co.uk/advisercli...agressive.html) through my IFA - not sure it it's available through a fund supermarket, but would expect so as it's a Fidelity fund.
    If she weighs the same as a duck, she's made of wood. And therefore a witch!

  4. #4

    Godlike

    Fred Bloggs is NOT a disguised employee

    Fred Bloggs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    5,223

    Default

    You missed the boat. They're all yesterdays high performers.

  5. #5

    Godlike

    bogeyman is good enough for Jehovah!

    bogeyman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    5,214

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Which fund (from fund supermarket) is going to make the most gains this and next year?

    I'm thinking: ...

    Clearly prawn, you are either the next Warren Buffet, or the next exquisitely tasty morsel of some important person's buffet.

    To what do you owe your spectacular crustacean insight into the big-dipper ride that is the ISA?
    Last edited by bogeyman; 6th March 2008 at 17:49.

    You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

  6. #6

    Better than AtW

    sasguru - scorchio!


    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    35,976

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bogeyman View Post
    Clearly prawn, you are either the next Warren Buffet, or the next exquisitely tasty morsel of some important person's buffet.

    To what do you owe your spectacular crustacean insight into the big-dipper ride that is the ISA?
    Dim is amazing. He lives in Swindon yet has a global property empire, vast earnings from his contracting career, of course, and an amazing un-paralleled insight into the financial world.

  7. #7

    More time posting than coding

    shelby68 has no reputation

    shelby68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Yorkshire at the moment.
    Posts
    364

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Which fund (from fund supermarket) is going to make the most gains this and next year?

    I'm thinking:

    Merrill Lynch Gold & General £ Inc
    First State Glb Resources A Acc
    Fidelity Funds - China Focus A GBP
    JPM Emerging Markets Fund A Acc
    Schroder ISF Emerg Mkt Debt A GBP Hdg Inc


    But am open to advice and suggestions.
    I already have ML G+G has made me 61% this year!
    Some people are like slinkys, totally pointless but the thought of pushing them down a flight of stairs never fails to put a smile on your face.

  8. #8

    More time posting than coding

    shelby68 has no reputation

    shelby68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Yorkshire at the moment.
    Posts
    364

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post

    I'm not sure about emerging markets for the moment.They're all driven by selling raw materials to China so they can make things to sell to the US.
    III were rating China funds for the next 12 months on the back of the Olympics, needless to say as soon as they're over I'll be selling my China fund.
    Some people are like slinkys, totally pointless but the thought of pushing them down a flight of stairs never fails to put a smile on your face.

  9. #9

    Richer than sasguru

    DimPrawn is a fount of knowledge

    DimPrawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Brexit Britain
    Posts
    34,587

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
    You missed the boat. They're all yesterdays high performers.
    Are they tommorrow's high performers too?
    I was miserable and depressed, but CUK turned it all around. Now I'm depressed and miserable.

  10. #10

    Banned

    Lucy has no reputation

    Lucy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    4,309

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sasguru View Post
    Dim is amazing. He lives in Swindon yet has a global property empire, vast earnings from his contracting career, of course, and an amazing un-paralleled insight into the financial world.
    You forgot sexy.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •