• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Obama's speech

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Obama's speech

Just listening to Obama's speech on BBC 24 and heck - even stopped to finish listening to it before going to feed squirrels - the guy is excellent speaker, no fake smiles like Brown, heck, I want to be American to be able to vote for hm.

I hope that she-witch Clinton will lose miserably

Has he come out with a single policy on anything yet?

Tony Blair was a good speaker and had the electorate eating out of his hand too, remember.
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
      Has he come out with a single policy on anything yet?

Tony Blair was a good speaker and had the electorate eating out of his hand too, remember.
      Well, exactly.

Obama speaks as though someone has studied the old JFK speaches and copied them.

Not a single policy, not a single word about how he is going to achieve all of these 'motherhood statements' he come out with

blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Comment

People were just too sick of Tories. Pity as I think John Major is actually a very decent person, unlike Blair, Brown and the whole lot of those Nu Liebor.

Obama is different in that he is not integral part of the establishment, unlike Clinton, and his support base is actually the people rather than big donors - in this respect what he has achieved is remarkable.

I like McCain actually - and if he was against Clinton then I think he'd win for sure, but if he is against Obama he will lose.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy View Post
          Obama speaks as though someone has studied the old JFK speaches and copied them.
          He looks genuine to me. If he believes in the things that JFK believed then I think it's a good thing. When I look at Brown making up his smile I can see he is a liar of the highest order.

Clinton is a cynical manipulative person whose methods are detestable - Obama in this case is an excellent choice, it is harder when he is against McCain though.

Comment

I like Hillary - I hope she wins
            Bazza gets caught
            Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              I like McCain actually - and if he was against Clinton then I think he'd win for sure, but if he is against Obama he will lose.
              Agree for once with AtW. I think Clinton even before this race would have struggled with the independents if up against McCain, who'll swing this election one way or another. I think the way she's campaigned has just served to alienate her to even more independents, and also put off a core of democratic voters in the US who might have voted for her before.

The more I see of her, the more I understand the hatred republicans hold for her. Something about her just completely winds me up the wrong way.
              Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

I reckon Will Smith will be the first black president of America, so this Obama chap doesn't stand a chance.
                Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  People were just too sick of Tories. Pity as I think John Major is actually a very decent person, unlike Blair, Brown and the whole lot of those Nu Liebor.

Obama is different in that he is not integral part of the establishment, unlike Clinton, and his support base is actually the people rather than big donors - in this respect what he has achieved is remarkable.

He has no policies! He's a soundbite politician with no experience, that's the problem.

McCain would probably beat Clinton but lose to Obama because the Americans don't know how to counter the approach of having nothing to say and being an unconventional but popular candidate.
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                    I like Hillary - I hope she wins
                    I do to - my signed first edition of her book will be worth a lot more then
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Working...
                    X