• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Theres no blody support JOBS!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by unemployed View Post
    No i just refuse to work for crap , however long it takes.
    Pity no one else thinks like this as house prices would be acceptable and wages would be brilliant.
    Are you technically still looking or are you now retired?

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
      technically living with his parents in the spare room selling computer parts to pay for his broadband line....

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post

Still looking ?

Comment

Originally posted by jonny7_2002 View Post
          technically living with his parents in the spare room selling computer parts to pay for his broadband line....
          Hey how do you know so much about me

Comment

It's a common theme amongst us benched contractors.

I'm hoping all those recent new members who are making the jump from permie to contracting succeed, so there's at least a permie job for us to fall-back onto when we get desperate and give up contracting for a while.
            Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
            Feist - I Feel It All
            Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

I am suffering splinters too, out since New Year. in 3 months only managed to get 3 interviews, 2 telephone, 1 face-to-face.
              THINK I have struck lucky on the last one, going for a face-to-face/meet the team on Wednesday, will prepare for interview and hope it's a formality...
              It has been TOUGH getting back in the game, real roller coaster, hopes raised and dashed, roles being pulled, agents being agents.
              Tried to be chilled about it and made plans to get some useful training to open doors (I think I am missing out sometimes to increased numbers who have the certificates to put on the table Prince2/ITIL).
              I packed in a work-away contract, this was a big mistake, I should have stayed and found something else first, hindsight is great.
              Good luck to all out there, try to keep your confidence up but you can't flog a dead horse, if you aren't getting enough calls/interviews, then you need to have a rethink, get some training, contact everyone you have ever worked with and consider Permie - I certainly have been.

Comment

I'm curious, how you feel a prospective employer is going to view someone who has been out of work for 2 yrs from choice?

How are you going to integrate back into 9-5 or whatever hours you end up working after all that time.
                Some people are like slinkys, totally pointless but the thought of pushing them down a flight of stairs never fails to put a smile on your face.

Comment

Originally posted by lukemg View Post
                  I am suffering splinters too, out since New Year. in 3 months only managed to get 3 interviews, 2 telephone, 1 face-to-face.
                  THINK I have struck lucky on the last one, going for a face-to-face/meet the team on Wednesday, will prepare for interview and hope it's a formality...
                  It has been TOUGH getting back in the game, real roller coaster, hopes raised and dashed, roles being pulled, agents being agents.
                  Tried to be chilled about it and made plans to get some useful training to open doors (I think I am missing out sometimes to increased numbers who have the certificates to put on the table Prince2/ITIL).
                  I packed in a work-away contract, this was a big mistake, I should have stayed and found something else first, hindsight is great.
                  Good luck to all out there, try to keep your confidence up but you can't flog a dead horse, if you aren't getting enough calls/interviews, then you need to have a rethink, get some training, contact everyone you have ever worked with and consider Permie - I certainly have been.

Bet you wish you'd stayed permie. Maybe this story should be in the first timers guide. Good luck, with the interview. I do know several permie PM's talking seriously about going contract. Think they could be onto a loser in the short term at least. Bench time tends to weaken contractors resolve when it comes to agents. Hope that have not been singing like a canary.

Comment

You're going to have to learn how to do the needful if you want a support gig...
                    ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by shelby68 View Post
                      I'm curious, how you feel a prospective employer is going to view someone who has been out of work for 2 yrs from choice?

How are you going to integrate back into 9-5 or whatever hours you end up working after all that time.
                      I really don`t view it as a problem , i have worked with some big companies in the past and looked after hundreds of servers with no help to begin with.

The problem lies where in the past you have 1 guy for AD 1 guy for Exchange another guy For citrix and so on , Now employers want you to do all these jobs on your own.

Comment

Working...
                      X