• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mugabe is nearly gone

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mugabe is nearly gone

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/7326968.stm

"President Robert Mugabe's party has lost its majority in parliament, the Zimbabwe Election Commission says.

Mr Mugabe's Zanu-PF party has taken 94 of the 207 contested seats, while opposition parties have won 105. One seat has gone to an independent."

bye bye
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Originally posted by chef View Post
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/7326968.stm

"President Robert Mugabe's party has lost its majority in parliament, the Zimbabwe Election Commission says.

Mr Mugabe's Zanu-PF party has taken 94 of the 207 contested seats, while opposition parties have won 105. One seat has gone to an independent."

bye bye
    Prepare for viloence while he tries to hold on to power ...
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Were they having presidential elections too - could he fiddle that one and not the parliamentary one?

MM in "no clue about the constitution of Zimbabwe" mode.
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
        Were they having presidential elections too - could he fiddle that one and not the parliamentary one?
        Yes, the parliament has little real power. Losing control of parliament would not in itself cause a problem for Mugabe. Problems may flow from it of course.

Comment

Please let's hope Mad Bob is ousted - and Morgan isn't just as bad.

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
            Please let's hope Mad Bob is ousted - and Morgan isn't just as bad.
            Trust me, in Africa there are only levels of bad. I know - I was born there.
            Morgan will be only slightly less bad. Sad, cos I love that continent.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              Trust me, in Africa there are only levels of bad. I know - I was born there.
              Most Africans I know share your view, sadly.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                I think that is a little harsh and probably a bit early to make that call. Morgan's history is as a trade unionist and human rights activist. Not exactly cut from the same cloth as teacher Bob then is he. If he gets in he obviously has a huge restoration job to do but to suggest he is only marginally better than Bob the mass murderer (see Gukurahandi) is unfair imho.

Comment

could be time to start buying property over there

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
                    could be time to start buying property over there

Milan.
                    Yes, even you could afford a farm at 20 gazillion zim dollars.

Comment

Working...
                    X