• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

That Shaiza asian girl from the Apprentice ..

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    I don't really think that any candidates from any of the series so far would really be regarded as good for his business!
    He isn't recruiting for someone to work for him, he is making a tv show. This is why the two women who are likely to remain at eachothers throats for a few more shows were not 'fired'. It makes better tv to keep them in. Also the captain of the guys team is a stereotype and so makes good tv. He will be there for a few shows yet as well.

Comment

guys: sterotypes most of them especially the recruitment agent.
      girls: mostly useless

Sir Alan: smarter than them all put together.
      cut me - ill bleed rosso red

Comment

I'm hoping that in the last episode, when Sir Alan does his "YOU'RE HIRED" routine, the lucky guy/gurl turns round and says "No, thank you. I can earn a lot more at XXXXX and learn more too".
        Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by MrMark View Post
          I can earn a lot more at XXXXX and learn more too".
          Yes! and post about in CUK without any hassle!
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

I did catch a glimpse of this television program tonight and was quite shocked.

It was clear to me that the Project Manager was completely useless right from the start with her 1hr+ meeting on how they were going to achieve their goals, blah blah blah.

Then during the show, she seemed to lock her sights on Lucinda as the l'enfant terrible and continue to victimise her right up to the end.

I'd have sacked the Project Manager, who clearly was antagonisitic and desperately trying to cover up her mistakes by drawing attention to the other 2 ladies.

However, as Mrs BGG and I surmised, the only reason to keep the PM and Lucinda on was that the TV show are expecting more sparks to fly in later episodes.

This is why, excepting tonight, I don't watch programs like The Apprentice, Big Brother, I'm a Celebrity....

They are the worst possible form of entertainment : Reality TV based around the suffering and conflict of others, served up to titillate people who find other's suffering an enjoyable pasttime.

It's all conflict, back-biting and deviousness. Values we are taught to loathe and despise. So why are these values glamourised ?

I'd say it's the same as watching rooster fighting, badger baiting, etc.

Can't they do a "nice" version of "The Apprentice" ?
            Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Board Game Geek, I bet you've had some harsh words exchanged in your guild when you wiped on a boss in World of Warcraft.

The Apprentice is just a reflection of life.

Comment

I lump this programme in with Dragons' Den under the "too facile for words" category. I realise it's just TV opera, but I get really annoyed when they maintain the pretence that the best people/business ideas got through...

I guess I'm in essence annoyed that they undoubtedly turn down much better candidates/business proposals in the auditions in favour of some of the freaks that actually assail our screens.

[Note : it's amazing how grumpy lack of sleep is making me ]

Comment

She cleaned up nicely on the Your're Fired on BBC2.

Must say I was mystified why she got fired - she did show the other numpties her labelling system. It was stupid to head back to house to get the irons - but then obviously the Project Manager should have stopped it.

There really were some cruel things said in the car footage. yowza! And this is the best sales person in europe...who babbled on about supplier cost etc.. and then felt charging a hotel £5 for each item was okay! ha ha ha

The project man. really should have gone. But then the entertainment values down the line would be gone. And somehow I think that influences Allen's decisions these days...
                  McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
                  Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                    He's a smarmy f*cker who's going to get fired when they get down to the last 4 or 5.

He was rubbish last week (and got away since they can only fire one person per week), but really did well this week. I've got no feeling on who will win it yet, but Raef won't win.
                    Not true. Sugar fired 2 in one week last series because he thought they were both rubbish.
                    Blood in your poo

Comment

Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
                      Can't they do a "nice" version of "The Apprentice" ?
                      When Martha Stewart did the American one, she ended the first episode by saying "it's not that you failed, you just didn't succeed enough".

People don't want that from the programme, though - they want some obnoxious bloke shouting "You're FIRED!!!" at someone. Sralan is no Donald, though - why has the BBC stopped showing the American series??
                      Best Forum Advisor 2014
                      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
                      X