• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Diesels

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
    Cheaper than what you spend on petrol if you're doing a decent number of miles...
    Another fallacy.

Look at Pence Per Mile in a car mag and you'll see the difference is a few pence per mile between modern petrol and diesel cars of a similar spec.

Diesel cars:

Cost more to buy
    Cost more to service
    Diesel is more expensive than petrol

So in 10,000 miles you are talking a couple of hundred quid a year. Worth it to own a smelly noisy rattler of a car?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

So in 10,000 miles you are talking a couple of hundred quid a year. Worth it to own a smelly noisy rattler of a car?
      You are Jezza and I claim my 5 laps in a reasonably priced diesel

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        When I was a permie I was driving something around 36k miles per year, having to refuel every week - diesel was saving a lot of money back then, but now (with overall prices a lot higher), the savings are even higher.

If the Govt was serious about climate change they'd increase duty on petrol to make it much more expensive with diesel.

Comment

Working...
        X