• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Diesels

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Diesels

Those particulate filters ain't exactly cheap

Cheaper than what you spend on petrol if you're doing a decent number of miles...
    ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      Those particulate filters ain't exactly cheap
      Never had to replace one. How much are we talking?
      Eat Right, Exercise, Die Anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by miffy View Post
        Quite a hefty percentage of his monthly income, I think: £12.99 + VAT

Comment

I think there are different technologies, but the one VAG fit to some of their cars is a Silicon Carbide matrix, quite high tech. Expensive. If you're thinking of buying a DPF equipped Diesel, do your research carefully. Some are OK, some are awful. HTH.
          Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
          Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by miffy View Post
            ~£500 - I did 66k miles though and it's 6 years old car, so I suppose it is not too bad if you spread money over whole period of time, still a bit too steep. I think newer diesels do not need it to be changed.

Comment

~£500 - I did 66k miles though and it's 6 years old car, so I suppose it is not too bad if you spread money over whole period of time, still a bit too steep. I think newer diesels do not need it to be changed.
              My diesel is a company car. So, NMP.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                My diesel is a company car. So, NMP.
                I thought you had R8?

Comment

I thought you had R8?
                  I own an R8, I also have use of a company car, a diesel Skoda(2.5l V6).

Unfortunately, not being as gifted as the "Special One" aka Threaded, I can only drive one at once.

Thanks for listening y'all!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                    I own an R8, I also have use of a company car, a diesel Skoda(2.5l V6).
                    So you just keep untaxed and uninsured R8 parked in front of the work building to impress female permies, while waiting in the office until everyone is gone to drive off in Skoda?

Comment

Working...
                    X