• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Present and Ex-House Owners Thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Present and Ex-House Owners Thread

All you rental losers keep out - this is a gated community.
    So some of us have made a small fortune from BTL, some own their house outright (a substantial asset on this crowded island), most still have a mortgage but can cope with a sizeable fall in property values and will still have a valuable asset at the end of 25 years, some have sold an existing property and taken the equity to re-invest should prices fall.
    All very smart moves. No wonder the renters are bitter ...
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

I enjoy them payng my mortgage for me

I dont mind if house prices drop 50%.. I will just buy some more

Comment

Originally posted by tay View Post

I can't wait. Luckily there is always a selection of dopey renters to pay your mortgage.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by tay View Post

Same here

Just been looking around the local estate agents and watching prices drop. Loads of auctions coming up too

>Diver in rubbing hands together and bumping up rents mode<
        Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          No wonder the renters are bitter ...
          I know.

It's astonishing that most of the congregation seem to portray themselves as thrusting, aspirational businessmen but the minute they encounter someone who has a modest property portfolio the knives come out.

They seethe in agony and predict your downfall, grasping at every unfavorable straw straw cast upon the financial media wind.

The politics of envy is alive and well.

And with that, the latest results from the Bogey Homes League: -

Properties 4 - Mortgages 0

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
            I know.

It's astonishing that most of the congregation seem to portray themselves as thrusting, aspirational businessmen but the minute they encounter someone who has a modest property portfolio the knives come out.

They seethe in agony and predict your downfall, grasping at every unfavorable straw straw cast upon the financial media wind.

Comment

I know.

It's plain for anyone to see the UK housing market is about to correct, or rather it has started to. It also looks more likely the UK will go into recession.
              That doesn't equate to wanting to see people lose money. I'd assume you bought some time ago and are in no rush to sell, so what the market does now shouldn't be of too much concern and could possibly result in a buying opportunity.
              The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

I know.

And you're about to see 40% in real terms of the value wiped out in the next few years

If it happens over 5yrs a no risk cash depositor on say 6% interest will be be thrashing you with a 50%+ greater return (+30% vs -20% in actual money terms)

Comment

Originally posted by Turion View Post
                  And you're about to see 40% in real terms of the value wiped out in the next few years

If it happens over 5yrs a no risk cash depositor on say 6% interest will be be thrashing you with a 50%+ greater return (+30% vs -20% in actual money terms)
                  Perhaps you missed the 0 Mortgages bit

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                    It's plain for anyone to see the UK housing market is about to correct, or rather it has started to. It also looks more likely the UK will go into recession.
                    That doesn't equate to wanting to see people lose money. I'd assume you bought some time ago and are in no rush to sell, so what the market does now shouldn't be of too much concern and could possibly result in a buying opportunity.
                    It will no doubt correct, but my property investments are long term, in lieu of pensions (of which I have none, of any value).

I'm not into property as a 'Get Rich Quick' investment. I'm securing the future of my family.

Even with adjustments, property is still the best and most consistent performer.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Working...
                    X