• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How many times have you given blood?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

poll to follow
    75+ : I am HRH and my blood is highly prized. And I sh@g all the nurses after each session.
    0.00%
    75+ : I have a platinum badge
    1.61%
    50-74 : I have a gold badge
    1.61%
    25-49 : I have a silver badge
    7.26%
    10-24 : I have a bronze badge
    12.10%
    1-9 : I have at leasat donated
    29.84%
    0 : I have a medical reason why
    25.81%
    0 : I am Andyw - I faint at sight of needles
    21.77%

You forgot option they won't have you. Darn prossie questions!
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

I couldn't for a while because I had some acupuncture and couldn't be bothered to get the certificates you need.

Now go every 6-12 months (when it's convenient).
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
        You forgot option they won't have you. Darn prossie questions!
        I went once and failed on the "at risk of malaria due to travel" question
        One of my colleagues also failed a question, eventually he admitted to having thrush and then gave everyone the graphic detail of getting the swab down his japs eye at the clinic
        Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
          That stings just a tad, you know...
          I don't, but you obviously do.

Comment

It does indeed. Perhaps that's the next silly poll. Who's ever been to a clap clinic.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
              It does indeed. Perhaps that's the next silly poll. Who's ever been to a clap clinic.
              http://forums.contractoruk.com/light...e-you-had.html
              ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

poll to follow
                Zero, but not for any of the reasons in the poll.
                If you find this post offensive, please insert "Chan" before and "tho" after, then it should be OK.

Sometimes I almost feel just like a human being - Elvis Costello

Comment

I used to but then got told I could not donate again as I'd had a blood transfusion in the '80's - they don't want Mad Cow blood.

Comment

They won't take anybody who has been on active duty either. One of my mates who is in the TA got called out to Iraq for 6 months and they won't touch him now after the army pumped his blood full of all sorts of tulip to counteract any chemical weapons that Saddam may have had.

Comment

Working...
                    X