• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh hurrah, China is shipping arms to Zimbabwe

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tay View Post
    A person from the UK criticisng another country for arms sales?

I am mildy annoyed that Zimbabwe recieves aid but can afford a better and more well equipped armed services than New Zealand.
    didn't we stop sending aid after it became obvious that Bob was just dishing it all out to his cronies?

personally i'd be up for an invasion - not kidding. it would be a piece of pss and we'd be welcomed as liberators.
    Originally posted by BolshieBastard
    You're fulfilling a business role not partaking in a rock and roll concert.

Comment

Why shouldn’t we criticise? You make it sound like the UK public signed the deal? Encase you haven’t noticed our government doesn't always do what its public wants.
      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
        Why shouldn’t we criticise? You make it sound like the UK public signed the deal? Encase you haven’t noticed our government doesn't always do what its public wants.
        I thought the public gets what the public wants?
        The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
          I thought the public gets what the public wants?
          No, no its: "And the public wants what the public gets"

HTH
          Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

I am mildy annoyed that Zimbabwe recieves aid but can afford a better and more well equipped armed services than New Zealand. Admittedly we in New Zealand have an armed services that consist 1 zodiac (with a slingshot on board!) , 2 yorkshire terrier attack dogs that have arthritus, a microlight and some guy David who owns a shotgun.... but its annoying that basket case of a country has more weapons.

You don't need arms in NZ, you have Helen Clark (teeth like a shark).

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy View Post
              You don't need arms in NZ, you have Helen Clark (teeth like a shark).

Ahhh yes Auntie Helen of Helengrad..... NZ's face to the world.. I am so proud of our illustrious leader...

Auntie Helen

Comment

Ahhh yes Auntie Helen of Helengrad..... NZ's face to the world.. I am so proud of our illustrious leader...

Auntie Helen

Face it toad, you deserve her!

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy View Post
                  Face it toad, you deserve her!
                  That is below the belt.. nobody deserves Auntie Helen.

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
                    Did you miss this bit??
                    Nope.
                    It just answers the post

Asked for the reason why the Chinese can do it, is the same reason why the americans did it, which validates the statement
                    threenine.co.uk
                    Cultivate, Develop & Sustain Innovation

Comment

Working...
                    X