• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How best to dea with several small pensions?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did anyone else think this thread was called "How best to deal with several small penises"?
    The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
      Did anyone else think this thread was called "How best to deal with several small penises"?
      Not getting much these days, eh?

Comment

I thought it said 'How best to deter with several small prison sentances'

(\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
          Not getting much these days, eh?
          Getting too much I think - I'm becomming obsessed
          The pope is a tard.

Comment

Getting too much I think - I'm becomming obsessed
            Tell me more about the "kinky" stuff.

Churchill - In "Trainee Counsellor" mode!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
              Tell me more about the "kinky" stuff.

Churchill - In "Trainee Counsellor" mode!
              erm...no
              The pope is a tard.

Comment

erm...no
                Spoilsport!

Comment

Ahem.
                  Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                    I've got a Standard Life pension pot... they've so far lost me roughly £20k over the last 8 years or so...

It's still £15k down on what it was in 2000.

"winkers of bunch flipping Useless " may be assembled into a famous phrase or saying...

I knew a bloke in Liverpool , self employed builder/roofer, who didnt trust these people so he kept his money in a tin under the bed, close to 10k.
                    One day in 1995 his house burned down and as he stood outside with the firemen he was close to having a breakdown.
                    He sent his missus into the wreckage and she came back with the tin and when he opened it the money was ok. Smoking a bit, but still spendable

(\__/)
                    (>'.'<)
                    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

I have got a few of these smaller permie pensions, some equitable life - gulp, standard life stakeholder and now a SIPP.
                      I don't intend consolidating them, I will just let them run. so what if I get 8 different pension payments into my account when I retire ?
                      No guarantee that consolidating into a single provider (and paying the exit penalties) will turn into the best move and you could find all eggs in one basket leaves you more exposed to risk (unlikely but possible, I thought Equitable were the smart move).
                      Of course your IFA will be messing his boxers when he hears you say consolidation and takes the whole package to a single provider who will pay him handsomely.
                      Come on people, you need to start learning how the financial world works, it will be the most useful info you ever get. I would NEVER trust a 'supposedly I' FA to tell me what I needed to do with my hard-earned.

Comment

Working...
                      X