• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best broadband deal at the mo?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hiram King Of Tyre View Post
    I'll check again but last time, it told me that they couldn't give me their cheapo service and that I would have to subscribe to a dearer one
    Sky have 3 broadband tiers. If you're a Sky customer the cheapest one is free, the middle one costs £5 a month and the most expensive one is a tenner. And you get UK based support
    ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

http://www.ispreview.co.uk/

Funny how the top 10 BB providers sorted by customer satisfaction bares no resemblance to the top 10 sorted by subscriber size.

It seems the majority of people rate price over quality of service.
      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by Hiram King Of Tyre View Post
        I currently have free Orange land BB with my mobile phone package. The mobile phone comittment period is up in June though so I need to shop around. It looks like I have 3 options:

1. Renew with Orange and benefit from free BB
        2. Look for stand alone BB and a separate mobile phone contract (or convert my son to PAYG)
        3. Get a new combined mobile + fixed BB package.

Where are the best deals?

O2 Broadband - u can't beat it. Even better if you have an O2 contract.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          It's not just speed. Some have monthly allowances (cap) on usage. It's like having a Ferrari but only being allowed to drive 2 miles every month. Pointless.
          As if having a Ferrari is not already pointless with average speed limit of 30.

Comment

Working...
          X